Can student finance be paid into a bank account with a different name

Watch
cjhamping
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Basically need to know whether student finance will pay into an account that is named differently to the name student finance have for you?
username1060389
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Probably not, as they would only want to pay into an account in the name of the person who is entitled to the finance.

Posted from TSR Mobile
cjhamping
Rep:
?
Am screwed then I guess, the payments are approved though so I don't know
Krek
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
ring student finance
Klix88
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by cjhamping)
Basically need to know whether student finance will pay into an account that is named differently to the name student finance have for you?
The bank account must be in the name of the person who has applied for SF. It's an anti-fraud measure.

You have a few weeks yet to open a student bank account in your own name, then update your Student Finance details. There should be time to sort it out if you act now.
cjhamping
Rep:
?
(Original post by Klix88)
The bank account must be in the name of the person who has applied for SF. It's an anti-fraud measure.

You have a few weeks yet to open a student bank account in your own name, then update your Student Finance details. There should be time to sort it out if you act now.
Don't think I can, the bank account is in my name but student finance have changed my name based on my national insurance to my mothers second name which I cannot open a bank account with
Klix88
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Don't think I can, the bank account is in my name but student finance have changed my name based on my national insurance to my mothers second name which I cannot open a bank account with
I think in your place I'd phone Student Finance and ask their advice on what to do. It's going to be obvious that you're not trying to comit fraud.
Elliotb17
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
What happened? Did the you still get the loan in the other account. Kinda in the same position as you
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (437)
56.24%
I don't have everything I need (340)
43.76%

Watched Threads