Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 15 years ago
any 1 got statistics GCSE on Friday
Expression
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Scroll a little further down this page and you'll see a thread called "Statistics GCSE", you'll catch a couple in there.

Good Luck.
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 15 years ago
yep iv got my statistics too, there is no point even worrying bout it coz its not a real GCSE grade and we havnt even been taught anythng, do you have ne idea what is going to be on the test?? o and two and a half hours for an exam is wayyy too long
Expression
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Originally posted by Unregistered
yep iv got my statistics too, there is no point even worrying bout it coz its not a real GCSE grade

It is a real GCSE grade, otherwise it wouldn't be called GCSE Statistics.

It is graded from A* to G, (and U) just like every other GCSE going.
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 15 years ago
yea but theres no point in it, its voluntary and if u dont like ur grade u can just say that u never took it, its not gna affect any job applications or anything
Steff
actually it definitely is a real GCSE and we HAVE to take it coz all top set in r skool have to take it
rowei
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I think GCSE statistics is actually a very useful subject, and many employers would value an ability to analyse statistical data etc. So it is definitely a worthwhile GCSE to take in my opinion.
Steff
well I did my stats on friday and I think I did really well for only bein in year 10. Ne 1 else do stats?
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 15 years ago
If you are doing A-Level maths stats come up a lot so it is a BIG help if you have done GCSE stats. It just prepares you that little bit more.
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 15 years ago
Depends on your course.. you may not have to do any stats at all at A Level.
ickle_katy
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
i thought you had to do s1 in alevel maths of it couldnt b applied mathematics???

love Katy ***
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 15 years ago
For Edexcel's A Level Maths, you don't necessarily need S1.. just 3 applied modules.
Steff
for A level maths you do p1 and p2 and you also choose from stats, decision and some others, but I dont no what they are
Expression
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Originally posted by Steff
for A level maths you do p1 and p2 and you also choose from stats, decision and some others, but I dont no what they are
.... and Mechanics ! LOL
Steff
Very funny seriously though AS Level maths is s'posed 2 b really hard
Expression
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
AS Level Maths is quite possibly the most difficult AS level compared to the standard of other AS levels.

This is mainly because the level of maths involved remains pretty consistant through to A2.

You have your choice of applied units, from Mechanics, Statistics and Decision - the only condition being that for the A2 you will need to take an applied unit that is allocated as such.

What exam board will your centre be on for Maths ?
Steff
Im not sure yet. but as I sed, Im still only in yr 10. I dont no anyfin really. I dont listen. Im outstanding 4 pieces of coursework at the moment. 3 of which need to b in by friday. the other on Monday!
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Did you get less than your required grades and still get into university?

Yes (59)
30.1%
No - I got the required grades (114)
58.16%
No - I missed the required grades and didn't get in (23)
11.73%

Watched Threads