The Student Room Group

When, and how often, do we receive our maintenance grant

I've recently (yesterday, in fact:tongue:) applied for the maintenance grant, and am aware that it'll take a number of weeks until its fully processed.

I was wondering how long it would take for the first payment to be received, and also how often payments are disbursed into our bank account. All replies greatly appreciated!
Reply 1
Original post by anxiouslife
I've recently (yesterday, in fact:tongue:) applied for the maintenance grant, and am aware that it'll take a number of weeks until its fully processed.

I was wondering how long it would take for the first payment to be received, and also how often payments are disbursed into our bank account. All replies greatly appreciated!

mine gets put in 3 days after i satrt uni and then twice after one in jan and one a couple of motnhs after
Reply 2
Starting ?

Freshers "start" way before term lectures ...

When does cash actually arrive for first years ?
Reply 3
Original post by Baldness
Starting ?

Freshers "start" way before term lectures ...

When does cash actually arrive for first years ?

As in when you start your course
Should be during the freshers week or even before that. Good to get a student bank account with railcard and overdraft as well
My loan and grant both come through together :smile: first year was after a week because the university comfirm your attendance.
Its processed after your attendance is confirmed in uni, so after your first day. It'll take a few days to go to your bank after that.
Original post by Stephanie_12
Its processed after your attendance is confirmed in uni, so after your first day. It'll take a few days to go to your bank after that.

Would that be first day of freshers or first day of normal course??
Reply 8
Original post by anxiouslife
Would that be first day of freshers or first day of normal course??

There's no set national date - it will vary between universities. It depends what date your uni asks you to enrol on campus, and after that, how fast they inform SF that you have enrolled.

It will be sometime around the start of your course. If the uni act swiftly it could arrive during Freshers' or Induction Week. If they drag their heels a bit, it might arrive a few days into term.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending