The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Hi there,

While you're waiting for an answer, did you know we have 300,000 study resources that could answer your question in TSR's Learn together section?

We have everything from Teacher Marked Essays to Mindmaps and Quizzes to help you with your work. Take a look around.

If you're stuck on how to get started, try creating some resources. It's free to do and can help breakdown tough topics into manageable chunks. Get creating now.

Thanks!

Not sure what all of this is about? Head here to find out more.
Reply 2
I've passed the june 2014 exam but im planning on taking the nov 2014 to get the next grade
Hi,

I will be taking it indeed, I messed it up years ago in school so I have been teaching myself over the last 2 months.
Reply 4
Im doing this paper in November as well and am in yr 12 really stressing out!! what do u think the topics will be coming up on this one please help!!!
Original post by rohan taneja
Im doing this paper in November as well and am in yr 12 really stressing out!! what do u think the topics will be coming up on this one please help!!!

Hi,I'm doing this exam also! As for topics, I'd say do as many past paper questions a you possibly can, focusing on understanding the questions by looking at the markscheme, then identify any weaknesses. Mrbartonmaths is really helpful, check it out!
I'm mainly revising ;
Surds( multiplying etc)
Trigonometry ( trigonometric graphs and 3d trig)
Volume of shapes/frustrums
Proof of congruency
Algebraic fractions
Rearranging formulas (I hate this :smile:)

*these are the topics that seem to come up a a lot and are worth a lot of marks. Once you have grasped the topics, it's so much easier to apply the skills to exam q's. Also go over the topics found at the start of the papers, as easy marks can be gained here. Good luck!
Reply 6
Great Idea, I'm redoing this exam too and i'm just curious, other than using Mrbartonmaths what other resources have you been using? I've been using mathswatch mostly. I think we should all collaborate on potential topics for paper 2, after reviewing what came on paper one.
Original post by redtoffe
Great Idea, I'm redoing this exam too and i'm just curious, other than using Mrbartonmaths what other resources have you been using? I've been using mathswatch mostly. I think we should all collaborate on potential topics for paper 2, after reviewing what came on paper one.

I've been using the revision guides and purplemath (I think that's what it's called!) and for the topics I really don't get, hegartymaths or ukmathsteacher on youtube. And yes, good idea :smile:
Reply 8
Yeah i Hate the end topics but i worked out from q1-10 is normally 35 marks and then after that if i add up to 60 it's not that bad and then to get another 60 in the other paper would mean i will get an A or B but what i am aiming for is a B anyways we can discuss after exam is over on Wednesday :smile:
Yeah i Hate the end topics but i worked out from q1-10 is normally 35 marks and then after that if i add up to 60 it's not that bad and then to get another 60 in the other paper would mean i will get an A or B but what i am aiming for is a B anyways we can discuss after exam is over on Wednesday :smile:

Yes definitely! Wow, I didn't realise there were so many marks that can be gained from the first pages! I guess that's encouraging somewhat :smile: good luck with revision, not long to go now
Reply 10
Yeah glad you heard that I am just praying that I get what i want and hope you get what u want as well :smile:

Original post by Lularose83
Yes definitely! Wow, I didn't realise there were so many marks that can be gained from the first pages! I guess that's encouraging somewhat :smile: good luck with revision, not long to go now
Yeah glad you heard that I am just praying that I get what i want and hope you get what u want as well :smile:

Thank you :smile: good luck, I'm sure you'll smash it!
Good Luck :smile:
Yesss I am, my exam is on Wednesday the 5th for non calculator
Original post by Elizarae97
Yesss I am, my exam is on Wednesday the 5th for non calculator

Good luck :smile:
Original post by Lularose83
I've been using the revision guides and purplemath (I think that's what it's called!) and for the topics I really don't get, hegartymaths or ukmathsteacher on youtube. And yes, good idea :smile:

Youtube is really good, I have been using that for months now, also mathswatch is good because it really breaks down the question for you bit by bit so you understand how to solve the problem from scratch. Past papers are key as well, because with maths papers especially past ones, they tend to be quite repetitive meaning the same type of questions are going to come up.
I've got past papers coming out of my ears! Judging by my results on them I should get the mark i'm aiming for... as long as the grade boundaries don't shoot up! That'd be just my luck!

Good Luck Everyone :smile:
Reply 17
Yeah guys good luck for tomorrow really nervous and stressing out hopefully it goes fine just the end questions urghhh!! x

Original post by clairepemberton
I've got past papers coming out of my ears! Judging by my results on them I should get the mark i'm aiming for... as long as the grade boundaries don't shoot up! That'd be just my luck!

Good Luck Everyone :smile:
me:frown:
Starting to feel the nerves now, arghhhh it feels like I know nothing! Desperately need A/A* in this exam. Edexcel, please be kind and don't give us some diabolically hard or complicated questions :smile: plotting points on graphs or correcting questionnaires would be nice !

Latest

Trending

Trending