Pick up an extra AS or stick with a C in my fourth Subject?

Watch
nbio21
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
My 4th AS Level - sociology (hated it so much), is a C and many medical schools want minimum B. So i am debating whether to pick up AS physics this year in A2 and of course i will try to get an A. Also doing three sciences up to AS level will make my application stronger right? I got 3 As for my other subjects.
However if i don't get in this year having an A in AS physics will put me in a better position when applying again next year in my opinion.

any other suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
Joel_tsr
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by nbio21)
My 4th AS Level - sociology (hated it so much), is a C and many medical schools want minimum B. So i am debating whether to pick up AS physics this year in A2 and of course i will try to get an A. Also doing three sciences up to AS level will make my application stronger right? I got 3 As for my other subjects.
However if i don't get in this year having an A in AS physics will put me in a better position when applying again next year in my opinion.

I've heard that A2 sociology is extremely content heavy, so if you hated it the first year then you'll probably hate it even more next year. I'd recommend taking physics AS, I think having an A in this will look better than another C in sociology. Also, as you've stated, you'll be in a better position to reapply if you don't get in this year.

Posted from TSR Mobile
nbio21
Rep:
?
(Original post by Joel_tsr)
I've heard that A2 sociology is extremely content heavy, so if you hated it the first year then you'll probably hate it even more next year. I'd recommend taking physics AS, I think having an A in this will look better than another C in sociology. Also, as you've stated, you'll be in a better position to reapply if you don't get in this year.

Posted from TSR Mobile
thanks man . Guess I'll take physics then.
username1155480
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
why not three A2 and retake AS modules for sociology?
nbio21
Rep:
?
(Original post by Jaska)
why not three A2 and retake AS modules for sociology?
i am considering that too but honestly i have no motivation when it comes to sociology. I don't even know why i chose that to do at AS last year tbh. But retaking one of the modules would be easier. hmm
06shawm
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by nbio21)

This isn't true^. Your A2 year is going to be pretty stressful. I would say your increasing your workload a lot through picking up physics. This will involve 2 exams and an ISA. Your A2 units are going to be harder and involve more content. It would seem easier to resit one of your sociology modules to increase it up too a grade B. It will involve you revising content and not learning it from scratch like it would be with physics.

Good luck!
WishIHadRevised
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Just saying physics is really hard mate and not an easy AS. Not saying you have to but maybe look at doing a humanity/language/art AS because some unis like that for medicine; shows you're not just a 1 trick pony so to speak...
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling about starting university this autumn?

Really excited (73)
22.6%
Excited but a bit nervous (146)
45.2%
Not bothered either way (38)
11.76%
I'm really nervous (66)
20.43%

Watched Threads