TSR Prime Minister's Questions - August 29th, 2014 Watch

This discussion is closed.
Faland
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
PMQs is an opportunity for members to debate the policies and ideas of the MHoC's Rt. Hon. Prime Minister, That Bearded Man MP (Labour), who will answer your questions over the course of two days.

The Leader of the Opposition, the Rt. Hon. Qwertish MP (Conservative), may ask two questions, with a follow-up question for each. MPs may ask one question, with one follow-up. Ordinary users may ask one question with no follow-ups. Please keep the joke questions to a very bare minimum.

(Original post by That Bearded Man)
QFA
(Original post by Qwertish)
QFA
adam9317
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Mr Prime Minister. How do you feel that our speaker is blatantly ignoring the canon agreement and closing the voting on such an important bill early (Monarchy bill)
RayApparently
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by That Bearded Man)
QFA
Will my Right Honourable friend the Prime Minister of the British Republic join me in celebrating a historical event! The passing of the Abolition of the Monarchy Bill 2014 into law and the codification of the sovereignty of the British people?
That Bearded Man
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by adam9317)
Mr Prime Minister. How do you feel that our speaker is blatantly ignoring the canon agreement and closing the voting on such an important bill early (Monarchy bill)
I certainly am not aware of any such infringement.
That Bearded Man
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by RayApparently)
Will my Right Honourable friend the Prime Minister of the British Republic join me in celebrating a historical event! The passing of the Abolition of the Monarchy Bill 2014 into law and the codification of the sovereignty of the British people?
Certainly! A momentous occasion for Britain, and a mammoth victory for our government.
username456717
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Will the Prime Minister continue to ignore the will of the people by voting against referendum results?
Blue Meltwater
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Does the Prime Minister feel that the threat from extremists in Iraq and Syria would warrant an increase in TSRland's terror threat level?
Saracen's Fez
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Mr Speaker, may I offer the Prime Minister my congratulations on his becoming the inaugural Prime Minister of the British Republic.

What would be the Prime Minister's personal legislative priorities for the remainder of this term and the next?
Cryptographic
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Mr Prime Minister, with it emerging that a pro-Monarchy voter turned up to vote, but couldn't because the Speaker had shut the poll early agree that the only democratic option is to annul the Bill?

TalentedLobster:
'Well all I can say is that I was informed that I had just over an hour left to vote. I read that about 40 minutes later, but the poll was closed when I got there. By about a minute or two.'
Will95206
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Mr Speaker would the Prime Minster care to comment on when we proposes to hold the next election, a date would be nice and the least he could do to help quell the monstrous result that has made these blessed island a bloody republic!
St. Brynjar
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Will the Prime Minister join with me in hailing barnetlad for his exemplary commitment to the house and wish him all the best for the future?
Rakas21
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Mr Speaker, having pushed forward a monarchy bill without proper formatting, without costing related to the Crown Estate's now public ownership, without any notes explaining what the role of this new president will be and finally completely disregarding a referendum held, does the Prime Minister feel he can continue to govern having betrayed the people with a very low quality bill that affected a massive change to our constitution.

Mr Speaker, it is my opinion that an election must be called in light of this betrayal and the choice of the people once again reflected in law against this tyrannical government.
sdotd
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
What is been done to address the issue of NON-EU immigration? It's the one area of immigration we control and still large numbers are coming in
Qwertish
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Despite the Government having destroyed the country, as Sir Humphrey once said, that does not stop the business of government, so I shall contain myself long enough to ask a couple of questions.

With the abomination of a Bill having been passed and a new interregnum instigated, does the Roundhead Government have plans to enlighten the rest of us as to exactly what powers and responsibilities the new pathetic excuse for a Head of State/Lord Protector/President will have?

God Save Her Majesty the Queen
Qwertish
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
What is the Government's response to the raising of the threat level in the United Kingdom (I presume we shall still retain the name) in response to the situation in Iraq and Syria. Does the Government believe that this warrants renewed attention and focus on ISIS and the conflict in that region, potentially involving the use of Her Majesty's Armed Forces (which I guess we'll have to ask her permission for now, since that pathetic excuse of a Bill dealt with exactly zero Constitutional repercussions of removing the Crown).

That Bearded Man
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Okay, first of all guys, apologies for the delay, been really busy the law few days.
That Bearded Man
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
What is the Government's response to the raising of the threat level in the United Kingdom (I presume we shall still retain the name) in response to the situation in Iraq and Syria. Does the Government believe that this warrants renewed attention and focus on ISIS and the conflict in that region, potentially involving the use of Her Majesty's Armed Forces (which I guess we'll have to ask her permission for now, since that pathetic excuse of a Bill dealt with exactly zero Constitutional repercussions of removing the Crown).

Certainly until the results of the re-vote anyway, I'm happy to talk possible scenarios for targeted strikes, but since our main focus will always be on aid and negotiations, to me, it hasn't reached intervention point yet, sorry,
That Bearded Man
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Despite the Government having destroyed the country, as Sir Humphrey once said, that does not stop the business of government, so I shall contain myself long enough to ask a couple of questions.

With the abomination of a Bill having been passed and a new interregnum instigated, does the Roundhead Government have plans to enlighten the rest of us as to exactly what powers and responsibilities the new pathetic excuse for a Head of State/Lord Protector/President will have?

The President's roles would be to boost international relations and remain an apolitical figure in government, in terms of influence, nothing major.
Youis Trollin
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Will my Right Honourable friend the Prime Minister of the British People join me in congratulating the "Real Slim Shady" for finally standing up for his rights.
That Bearded Man
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by sdotd)
What is been done to address the issue of NON-EU immigration? It's the one area of immigration we control and still large numbers are coming in
I think non-EU immigration is something we should be encouraging, non-EU university students are responsible for subsidising our tuition fees to what they currently are and we need to be promoting ourselves as a welcoming country, not an isolated one.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

It is really important for me to be involved in helping make my university better

Strongly disagree (11)
9.17%
Disagree (6)
5%
Neither agree or disagree (40)
33.33%
Agree (46)
38.33%
Strongly Agree (17)
14.17%

Watched Threads