The Student Room Group

Do you have time for a bf/gf in college?

I'm starting college next week and I've never been in a relationship 😶 It seems like everyone around me has, in high school.

I thought college would be a great opportunity to meet someone but I'm incredibly busy with the gym, my job, and revising. It takes up 100% of my time. I literally have to eat while revising.

But I feel so painfully lonely 😟
Do you have time for relationships in college/sixth form?
I did but I didn't have a job (or revise particularly hard) in college. But I did have three relationships :3

I also made the mistake of getting into a relationship about 5 weeks before we started our A2 exams 😕

It's doable. Definitely. But you'll have to put them on the back burner a LOT if you want top grades.
I was in two relationships and one was right before coursework deadline and I managed fine.
Are you talking about college in the UK (age 15-18)? I assumed you were but then you mentioned high school. If you are, the impression I got of the people I knew at college was that they'd mostly grown out of the kind of relationships they were having in secondary school, but hadn't really grown into having more meaningful adult relationships. A few people were still having 'childish' relationships (eg new girlfriend or boyfriend every few weeks) and a few had mature relationships but they were both definitely minorities.
Reply 4
Original post by benplumley
Are you talking about college in the UK (age 15-18)? I assumed you were but then you mentioned high school. If you are, the impression I got of the people I knew at college was that they'd mostly grown out of the kind of relationships they were having in secondary school, but hadn't really grown into having more meaningful adult relationships. A few people were still having 'childish' relationships (eg new girlfriend or boyfriend every few weeks) and a few had mature relationships but they were both definitely minorities.

Yes, I meant the UK. I'm not going to sixth form but college so that's why I called it that

I'm not really looking for childish relationships. I'm really busy so if I'm gonna commit to something it has to be worth it.
Reply 5
Yes, but getting regular sex ups the efficiency of every thing else you do in life. Angsty break ups aren't great mind..
Reply 6
Original post by Zarek
Yes, but getting regular sex ups the efficiency of every thing else you do in life. Angsty break ups aren't great mind..

Wut do you even mean
Reply 7
Original post by кяя
Wut do you even mean

Go for LOVE. You'll be so happy you'll fly through your revision and you can swap some gym sessions for frenetic rumpy pumpy..
Reply 8
Original post by Zarek
Go for LOVE. You'll be so happy you'll fly through your revision and you can swap some gym sessions for frenetic rumpy pumpy..

I'd never skip my gym sessions, not even for love haha

But I hope I get to experience that feeling
Original post by кяя
Yes, I meant the UK. I'm not going to sixth form but college so that's why I called it that

I'm not really looking for childish relationships. I'm really busy so if I'm gonna commit to something it has to be worth it.

I call it college too, I was referring to "high school" in your OP.
During our current 5 yr relationship, me and my partner have both been to college and now I'm at uni and we've always managed to find time for each other regardless of our course workload.

Posted from TSR Mobile
You definitely will :smile: if you can manage without getting too distracted you can up your time together if you revise together... my bf and I often help each other revise even though we do different subjects, and sometimes we just hug/cuddle each other while each doing our work work. You could possibly also have joint gym sessions too?
I had a relationship in college (started halfway through Year 12 and still together as we go into second year at uni) and although it's a different situation because I didn't have a job or go to the gym, I thought it was pretty manageable and came out of sixth form with AAA. If you meet someone at college you'll be able to spend time with them there. As other people suggested, you can make time by doing some of the other stuff together- e.g. if you like to keep fit there might be some fitness activities you could do together, like going for a run or something :smile:
I started properly dating in college. Pretty much everyone I know (who weren't in relationship in comp) did too. Just make sure you don't get into anything too serious or if you do make sure you prioritise your education. I got in a fairly serious relationship in my first year of college and it distracted me so much that it nearly cost me my whole A levels (AS were pretty much messed up cos of it)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending