Enough work experience?Watch
So far I've done:
- 2 weeks small animal practice
- 1 week equine practice
- 1 year volunteering every Saturday at an animal shelter looking after rabbits
- 1 week kennels
- 1 week battery hen farm
- 1 morning in a human histopathology laboratory
- 1 week public farm including dairy
- 1 week dairy farm and then helped out with Saturday afternoon milking for a year
- 2 weeks riding stables and then helped out every Sunday for 4 months
- 3 weeks donkey sanctuary
- 1 day abattoir
Thank you for your advice. I'm not sure yet where I'm applying but it's between Liverpool, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Bristol and Nottingham. I wanted to apply to Liverpool but am not sure if they would even consider me if I don't have 4 weeks veterinary work experience upon applying - would they consider it if I booked a week to complete after applying?
I'm pretty sure that they give out a work experience questionnaire to all applicants that meet their grade requirements, and that has a section to fill in about planned placements and placements that couldn't be completed for whatever reason. I seem to think that they count planned placements up until December, although that could be completely wrong . I'm not sure if planned placements are allowed to contribute towards the compulsory ten weeks or whether they have to be completed prior to application, either, sorry.