Heisenberg97
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
I'm going into year 12 after getting mostly A/A* in my GCSEs. I'm thinking of doing Maths, Physics, Further Maths and Spanish at AS and then dropping FM at A2. My concern is that as I am Spanish (and live in Spain), will unis discredit my A Level Spanish??? Would it be a better idea to hold on to Further Maths for A2, or would it be too hard? (I got 92% UMS at GCSE for Maths)

Thanks in advance!
IfOnlyItWereEasy
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
If you speak fluent Spanish (or if it is your mother-tongue) many uni's will disregard the Spanish A-level. If you speak both languages fluently, I recommend asking you sixth form if you may do another AS level as well. You might as well do the qualification if it would be a walk in the park. You can always see how AS level FM is before deciding if you feel it is too difficult
Heisenberg97
Rep:
?
(Original post by IfOnlyItWereEasy)
If you speak fluent Spanish (or if it is your mother-tongue) many uni's will disregard the Spanish A-level. If you speak both languages fluently, I recommend asking you sixth form if you may do another AS level as well. You might as well do the qualification if it would be a walk in the park. You can always see how AS level FM is before deciding if you feel it is too difficult
Thanks! As I'm Spanish I'll be able to do the full A2 qualification within year 12, so doing 3 A2 qualifications in year 13 won't be so hard. And it would leave me with a total of 4 A-Levels.
IfOnlyItWereEasy
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Heisenberg97)
Thanks! As I'm Spanish I'll be able to do the full A2 qualification within year 12, so doing 3 A2 qualifications in year 13 won't be so hard. And it would leave me with a total of 4 A-Levels.
There you go then ^^ problem solved. Good luck with your exams
Heisenberg97
Rep:
?
(Original post by IfOnlyItWereEasy)
There you go then ^^ problem solved. Good luck with your exams
Thanks
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (284)
56.69%
I don't have everything I need (217)
43.31%

Watched Threads