Looking at UNI's Watch

Anon606
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Hi I've just finished my AS's and just about to start my A Levels and have been looking at UNI's, I'm aiming to get around 260-300 UCAS points and am looking to study Economics at Uni. I've narrowed down to a number of universities and just wanted to know if anyone's had any experience of them or had a look round, I'm going to go on open days but want to try and narrow it down. In particular I'm quite interested in Accommodation, sports facilities and generally what the people there are like. PS i have looked on the websites however there's not much detail on some of them

UNI's:

Leeds Met
Manchester Met
De Montfort
Coventry Uni
UCLAN
Nott Trent
Sheffield Hallem

Thanks
Hannahmay01
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Anon606)
Hi I've just finished my AS's and just about to start my A Levels and have been looking at UNI's, I'm aiming to get around 260-300 UCAS points and am looking to study Economics at Uni. I've narrowed down to a number of universities and just wanted to know if anyone's had any experience of them or had a look round, I'm going to go on open days but want to try and narrow it down. In particular I'm quite interested in Accommodation, sports facilities and generally what the people there are like. PS i have looked on the websites however there's not much detail on some of them

UNI's:

Leeds Met
Manchester Met
De Montfort
Coventry Uni
UCLAN
Nott Trent
Sheffield Hallem

Thanks

All great universities! Why not look at anglia Ruskin, Birmingham City, Bradford university, Manchester metropolitan, hull and Edinburgh Napier.
Anon606
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Manchester met was on the list, I've had a look at Edinburgh Napier but don't fancy living in Scotland
i360
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Use whatuni.com to compare unis and read reviews.
http://www.whatuni.com/degrees/cours...5950/page.html

and have a look at the league table
http://www.theguardian.com/education...-for-economics
JamesJones777
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I visited UCLAN and loved it. The facilities are amazing, especially the sport center. I don't think I'll apply there as I don't like their Chinese course but if I find myself having to go through clearing next year, I'll definitely keep a look out for UCLAN.
HollieAMarie
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Sheffield Hallam is a really nice Uni, city campus. I'm not too sure on the sports facilities but they have some excellent accommodation that is reasonably priced!

I'm also looking at going there (2015 entry) and Nottingham Trent so I'm going on open days in October. PM me if you want to have a chat about it!

Good luck!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Dundee
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Mon, 26 Aug '19
  • University of Aberdeen
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Tue, 27 Aug '19
  • Norwich University of the Arts
    Postgraduate (MA) Open Day Postgraduate
    Sat, 31 Aug '19

How are you feeling about GCSE Results Day?

Hopeful (214)
12.47%
Excited (156)
9.09%
Worried (306)
17.83%
Terrified (381)
22.2%
Meh (171)
9.97%
Confused (37)
2.16%