The Student Room Group

ID problem

Hello !!

I'm an international student and had a question about IDs..Basically I have my passport for ID purposes but I am really scared of losing it in nightouts.. I have an old passport (it expired last year,I look exactly like the pic as passports in my country only last 5 years) however when I applied for a new one,the officer punched two holes to make it invalid so that I wouldn't travel with it. Do you guys think I could use this old passport to get into clubs ? I can't apply for a provisional licence yet so passport is like the only option for me and if I lose mine,I'm pretty much screwed :frown:
I'd say use your passport and just don't lose it lol, think it might be your only option
Reply 2
No, you wouldn't be able to use your old passport sadly.
Original post by Mollylondon
Hello !!

I'm an international student and had a question about IDs..Basically I have my passport for ID purposes but I am really scared of losing it in nightouts.. I have an old passport (it expired last year,I look exactly like the pic as passports in my country only last 5 years) however when I applied for a new one,the officer punched two holes to make it invalid so that I wouldn't travel with it. Do you guys think I could use this old passport to get into clubs ? I can't apply for a provisional licence yet so passport is like the only option for me and if I lose mine,I'm pretty much screwed :frown:

Does your country offer any form of ID apart from passports? I myself have ID and passport.
Reply 4
Original post by Black Cat
Does your country offer any form of ID apart from passports? I myself have ID and passport.

I have ID but unless the bouncer can read in another alphabet,I won't be able to use it :redface:

Thanks for answers guys,looks like I just need to use my current passport and just use the cloak room to keep it safe :rolleyes:
Original post by Mollylondon
I have ID but unless the bouncer can read in another alphabet,I won't be able to use it :redface:

Thanks for answers guys,looks like I just need to use my current passport and just use the cloak room to keep it safe :rolleyes:

I'm Dutch and use my ID for clubbing and the bouncers can read it fine it says "Identiteits Kaart" which is easily translated unless you're from like an Arabic country.
You might be able to apply for ID in this country with pass hologram, places generally accept it. (although not always) I'm not sure if as an international student you would be eligible but might be worth a look.

I'm planning to apply because I don't want to be replacing my driving license again because I accidentally lost it.
Grow a beard :smile: it ages you past the point where people need age verification :biggrin:
Reply 8
Original post by doom_rever
Grow a beard :smile: it ages you past the point where people need age verification :biggrin:

I have a feeling that the poster is female from their username. :wink:
This isnt going to end well. i garuntee you will lose your passport. especially if your open to relationships.
Original post by Artimus
I have a feeling that the poster is female from their username. :wink:

and ??? Coney island is full of bearded women :P

Not going to lie, I laughed. :colone:

That was funny :biggrin:

Original post by seveneleven
This isnt going to end well. i garuntee you will lose your passport. especially if your open to relationships.

Relationships ? yes. ONS ? not really unless I really like the person lol

I just bought a bag with an extra pocket in it which can be zipped so I will keep my passport in there so will and will try to put in cloak room every time till I am eligible for Provisional licence..Hope nothing happens to me..However I lived in London for two years and went clubbing often and I still haven't lost a single thing so I will be alright :redface:
Reply 13
I honestly can't think of anywhere worse for valuables like passports than a club cloakroom... Keep it on you!
Can't you order a Provisional Driving licence (£50) purely for identity purposes? Although, replacing a lost driving licence will incur a fee of £20. Just make sure you do not lose it.... Easy to say, really! The best thing to do is keep it in your bra (or if you're a bloke), keep it in your sock or something.
Reply 15
Original post by x-Venezia-x
Can't you order a Provisional Driving licence (£50) purely for identity purposes? Although, replacing a lost driving licence will incur a fee of £20. Just make sure you do not lose it.... Easy to say, really! The best thing to do is keep it in your bra (or if you're a bloke), keep it in your sock or something.

For international students we have to send our passports to wherever they process the provisional licence thingy is. **** that I say as I travel abroad almost every 3 months. I have a Citizen PASS card instead so I don't need to bring my passport everytime. Haven't got rejected when going in clubs or buying alcohol yet even abroad in Spain and Italy.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending