Not doing the ice bucket challenge

Watch
manchesterunited15
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
I've been nominated, don't wanna do it. Will anyone care?
Asklepios
  • Study Helper
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Probably not. They may not even notice given that Facebook is filled with these so it's easy to miss one.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Viva Emptiness
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I hope the next craze is the scalding water challenge.
louieee
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
"didn't do the ice bucket challenge, donated a bucket of water to africa instead"
hellodave5
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I didn't bother doing mine either. Do my bit anyway. A scalding challenge wouldn't surprise me, after the downing a pint (or any other alcoholic concoction) one.
Sanctimonious
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Doubt anyone will care. This whole thing was started by a guy who was so socially awkward he invented a way of seeing women get wet online to fulfil his own sordid fantasies and he even got people to donate to charity in the process. The guy is the biggest genius since the guy who invented lingerie.

You're a guy so no one cares really.
katehlouise
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I didn't do it but I did donate to water aid instead...
Pokémontrainer
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Just donate the money if you want to. Don't be worried about not doing it, I bet a lot of the people doing it are not even donating.
MiniMacaroon
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I was nominated but didn't do it, you can't be forced to do it, simple as!
Artimus
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I got nominated, and I just posted a picture of myself donating instead of doing the challenge. Nobody has complained yet... :ninja:
tarmaclover
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
If you do the ice bucket challenge you are putting money in the pocket of the AMS so I would think twice before enticing the ladies by showing how much resolve you have by doing it.

By the way if you are unsure of what AMS here, I will decrypt the anagram below.

Alan-sugar
Money
Savings-fund

Hope I've helped
manchesterunited15
Rep:
?
(Original post by Pokémontrainer)
Just donate the money if you want to. Don't be worried about not doing it, I bet a lot of the people doing it are not even donating.
I probably won't donate either. Haven't looked into it much myself but it seems they don't spend enough of the money on the actual research, and they must be getting way more money-per-sufferer than most charities.
Arkasia
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I nominate the Wicked Witch of the West.
aoxa
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I was nominated, not doing it.

Don't really see the point - most people don't even bother donating, so it's pointless.
h3isenberg
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Sanctimonious)
Doubt anyone will care. This whole thing was started by a guy who was so socially awkward he invented a way of seeing women get wet online to fulfil his own sordid fantasies and he even got people to donate to charity in the process. The guy is the biggest genius since the guy who invented lingerie.

You're a guy so no one cares really.
And the same guy drowned to death.

Dat irony
Sanctimonious
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by manchesterunited15)
I probably won't donate either. Haven't looked into it much myself but it seems they don't spend enough of the money on the actual research, and they must be getting way more money-per-sufferer than most charities.
Agreed mate. You should just buy yourself something nice with the money and take solace in the fact that you're living a life of luxury. Keep the money. Charity starts at home. The vast majority of people who donate to charity are just doing it to promote themselves or improve their CV volunteering section anyway. Most of the money don't even go to the people in need of it.
toronto353
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by tarmaclover)
If you do the ice bucket challenge you are putting money in the pocket of the AMS so I would think twice before enticing the ladies by showing how much resolve you have by doing it.

By the way if you are unsure of what AMS here, I will decrypt the anagram below.

Alan-sugar
Money
Savings-fund

Hope I've helped
That's a lovely acronym and theory you've got there, it's just a shame that it's the ALS ice bucket challenge.

OP, I've seen a fair few people saying that they've donated to various charities and not done the challenge. It's a bit of fun and no-one really cares if you do it or not, the key thing is to donate if you can.
Pokémontrainer
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by manchesterunited15)
Sounds fair enough. I'm not saying it's an unworthy cause but I have read somewhere that less people are diagnosed with ALS than other illnesses and this ice bucket challenge is overshadowing other charities awareness campaigns. I watched a great video of a news reporter 'ending' the challenge and bringing other charities to awareness. I know a lot of people who did it for attention-seeking reasons also, when questioned they hadn't even heard of ALS. I think that somewhere along the way, they forgot what it was really about. :rolleyes:
Ggmu!
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
nobody cares that you dont do it fagio, i promise. if it were anyone else, i'm sure they would
manchesterunited15
Rep:
?
(Original post by Ggmu!)
nobody cares that you dont do it fagio, i promise. if it were anyone else, i'm sure they would
#rekt
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Who is winning Euro 2020

France (94)
27.25%
England (113)
32.75%
Belgium (27)
7.83%
Germany (39)
11.3%
Spain (8)
2.32%