smallsvill123
Badges: 0
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
Hi,

For my politics retake exam next week, I've revised quite a good amount, but i'm bad with remember any dates. I'm unaware of the dates of any event besides from 2/1. But I know the main events of the topics I've revised and stuff..

So..... ummm..just wondering how hard it was to get a third as that's what I'm praying for to remain in university!

Thanks.
KatetheLecturer
Badges: 11
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 7 years ago
I'm sure you'll be fine - it's really quite hard to fail completely in a subject like politics, as long as you've made a good stab at answering the question as it was asked: plus, some good quotes and references to the academic literature always goes down well, but your lecturers probably reminded you of that anyway. You'd be really unlikely to fail if all you get wrong is a date or two- even if it's political history: you might just have done a writeo, after all, or transposed two figures. I'm struggling to think of where a wrong date would be a deal breaker, and honestly, if you've worked hard and answered the questions, I am sure you'll get through. (NB if it's a retake, you'll probably be capped at 40 anyway - which means you're marked as normal, but the highest mark recorded on your official record is 40: so get 70, grade recorded as 40, 65=40; 41=40, 40=40, 39 - well, we try really hard not to leave you on a 39 or a 38 :-) )

Remember: it's not over until it's over -so if your exam hasn't been yet, answer the question that's been asked (and the question is never "tell me all you know about *keyword in question*"), make sure your answer is logical, with good examples and a well-supported argument and make sure to include references to the literature or quotes. You really will be fine - you pretty much need malice aforethought to fail, honestly.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you give consent for uni's to contact your parent/trusted person in a mental health crisis?

Yes - my parent/carer (137)
33.74%
Yes - a trusted person (107)
26.35%
No (110)
27.09%
I'm not sure (52)
12.81%

Watched Threads