The Student Room Group

clearing offer

I got from Birkbeck a provisional unconditional offer in Clearing. Does anyone know what that mean? I have to say that I don't meet the English requirements.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by cosminiulian
I got from Birkbeck a provisional unconditional offer in Clearing. Does anyone know what that mean? I have to say that I don't meet the English requirements.

Not sure what you are asking. If you have an unconditional offer, it means they don't apparently care that you haven't met the English requirements.
Reply 2
Original post by Carnationlilyrose
Not sure what you are asking. If you have an unconditional offer, it means they don't apparently care that you haven't met the English requirements.

I called them Thursday and yesterday look what I got : We are delighted to make you a provisional unconditional offer of a place on this programme of study. This offer si subject to your meeting any non-academic conditions which may apply to this offer.
I called them Thursday and yesterday look what I got : We are delighted to make you a provisional unconditional offer of a place on this programme of study. This offer si subject to your meeting any non-academic conditions which may apply to this offer.

Well, then, you are in, assuming you meet the non-academic conditions, if there are any. This usually means things like DBS checks for degrees which require them.
Reply 4
Well, then, you are in, assuming you meet the non-academic conditions, if there are any. This usually means things like DBS checks for degrees which require them.

So when they will see that I don't meet the english requirements they maybe will not accept me?
So when they will see that I don't meet the english requirements they maybe will not accept me?

They have already seen what qualifications you have, haven't they? They are on the Ucas form. They have accepted you without the English requirements. That's what unconditional means.
Reply 6
If you're an international student, you need a student visa to get into the UK - could this be what they mean? You'll need an English qualification to get the visa.

If not, just call them back and ask them what their "non-academic conditions" actually are.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Klix88
If you're an international student, you need a student visa to get into the UK - could this be what they mean? You'll need an English qualification to get the visa.

If not, just call them back and ask them what their "non-academic conditions" actually are.

Thanks. I hadn't thought of that.
Reply 8
They have already seen what qualifications you have, haven't they? They are on the Ucas form. They have accepted you without the English requirements. That's what unconditional means.

They did not see yet my ucas application. They can see there my English exam results?
They did not see yet my ucas application. They can see there my English exam results?

To apply through clearing, you need to have a clearing number, which allows the university to see your application even if you didn't apply there originally. All the qualifications you have will be visible. If you have taken any exams since, you need to inform the university of the results yourself, especially if the exams were foreign ones.

To be honest, you need to discuss all this with the university itself. Call them on Monday.
To apply through clearing, you need to have a clearing number, which allows the university to see your application even if you didn't apply there originally. All the qualifications you have will be visible. If you have taken any exams since, you need to inform the university of the results yourself, especially if the exams were foreign ones.

To be honest, you need to discuss all this with the university itself. Call them on Monday.

Ok. Thanks. I will
I was a bit confused as well when I got my offer yesterday, but I just called them and they told me that the offer is unconditional (puhh) but it is "provisional" because it was up to me if I wanted to accept it or not. If you add it into UCAS within 72 hours, then you're cool.
Original post by Saralakeh
I was a bit confused as well when I got my offer yesterday, but I just called them and they told me that the offer is unconditional (puhh) but it is "provisional" because it was up to me if I wanted to accept it or not. If you add it into UCAS within 72 hours, then you're cool.

Have you applied at Birkbeck?
Have you applied at Birkbeck?

Yupp, Bsc in Economic and business 3 years. I got my provisional unconditional offer two days ago
Original post by Saralakeh
Yupp, Bsc in Economic and business 3 years. I got my provisional unconditional offer two days ago

We are delighted to make you a provisional unconditional offer of a place on this programme of study. This offer is subject to your meeting any non-academic conditions which may apply to this offer.

If you wish to accept this offer you must now enter the Birkbeck institution and course details into Track. You should do this within 72 hours of receiving this email so that your details can be transferred to us without delay and your place secured.

When we receive your details we will confirm acceptance to UCAS, subject to places still being available. Places are limited and you should not delay if you wish to proceed with this offer. If you do not refer yourself to Birkbeck through UCAS the offer may be withdrawn.

We look forward to receiving notification that you wish to accept this offer of study at Birkbeck.

Did you get the same mail? haha

We are delighted to make you a provisional unconditional offer of a place on this programme of study. This offer is subject to your meeting any non-academic conditions which may apply to this offer.

Did you get the same mail? haha

[/QUOTE

Yes, just make sure you add it within 72 hours. Don't panic everything is ok! I got the exact same letter from: Administrator | Department of Economics, Mathematics & Statistics
I ve added it after I got the mail and on ucas is says "reffered", same at you? But I am scared because I don't meet their english requirments. Are you from uk?
I ve added it after I got the mail and on ucas is says "reffered", same at you? But I am scared because I don't meet their english requirments. Are you from uk?

Yupp, says referred. Don't worry I gave Birkbeck a call and they told me that there are a lot of people in clearing ATM so they can't accept the latest one until next week. Don't worry.

I'm Swedish and I haven't made either the IELTS of TOEFL. If they have giving you an unconditional offer then you're cool. Seriously calm down. Focus in fixing everything with student finance services, accommodation etc instead.
Thanks. I will call them Monday just to be sure because I'm to scared haha. I hope will going everything well.
Thanks. I will call them Monday just to be sure because I'm to scared haha. I hope will going everything well.

Haha ok! Post you answer here if possible. What course are you taking?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending