qewrtyu
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
When choosing a sixth form is it best to go for the school with the highest a level results?
IfOnlyItWereEasy
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
It's really personal choice. Just because a sixth form has the best results doesn't guarantee you good results. Your results are based on how well you apply yourself.

Often the figures are misleading anyway. Sixth forms kick out anyone who performs poorly at AS. This means that only the people who are likely to pass are allowed to go to A2 anyway.

Choose based on where you feel happiest. You'll be spending at least two years at the place, so make it somewhere you'll not mind going. Go somewhere that does all the courses you want to do.

The only reason not to pick a sixth form is on the basis that 'all my friends are going there'.You go where you think you are likeliest to do well.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• The University of Law
    The Bar Series: Applications and Interviews - London Bloomsbury campus Postgraduate
    Thu, 17 Oct '19
  • Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19
  • Coventry University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19

Why wouldn't you turn to teachers if you were being bullied?

They might tell my parents (10)
6.49%
They might tell the bully (16)
10.39%
I don't think they'd understand (28)
18.18%
It might lead to more bullying (57)
37.01%
There's nothing they could do (43)
27.92%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise