The Student Room Group

Hating on the buses, who else?

I hate buses 😡, waited 40 minutes for a bus today and was late for work

Posted from TSR Mobile
Get a car.
Reply 2
Walk? Or ride a bike?
Surely that would be down to traffic so getting a car wouldn't make a difference, no?
Reply 5
Too far to walk haha

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
Original post by FluorescentM
Surely that would be down to traffic so getting a car wouldn't make a difference, no?

Good point but at least I would be able to rely on my car

Posted from TSR Mobile
Public transport is the worst. I always arrive at least 10 minutes early to the bus stop and 70% of the time the bus will come 10 minutes late! When I arrive 5 minutes early, it turns out that the bus came early and I missed it. This always happens to me.. I think I have bad luck. Even a few times the bus hasn't come at all, so I've waited half an hour and then i have to wait another half hour. Takes the bloody piss.

I can't wait to get a car one day. Ugghhhh
Reply 8
I hate public transport in general, trains up here are ok most of the time though. We got a new car yesterday so I'll not need to use public transport as much now thankfully.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
My situation's worse. The bridge near where I live is closed for 3 months so the buses I usually take are either diverted or not running at all. That means waiting 20 minutes for a bus that takes longer to get to where I need to go!
Reply 10
Original post by Afghan Warrior
Public transport is the worst. I always arrive at least 10 minutes early to the bus stop and 70% of the time the bus will come 10 minutes late! When I arrive 5 minutes early, it turns out that the bus came early and I missed it. This always happens to me.. I think I have bad luck. Even a few times the bus hasn't come at all, so I've waited half an hour and then i have to wait another half hour. Takes the bloody piss.

I can't wait to get a car one day. Ugghhhh

I know, it's what motivated me to passing, I do not want to be one of the old women that just wait around for buses all the time, have you passed?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 11
Original post by Ndella
My situation's worse. The bridge near where I live is closed for 3 months so the buses I usually take are either diverted or not running at all. That means waiting 20 minutes for a bus that takes longer to get to where I need to go!

Oh god, would hate to be you then :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by beckyb95
I know, it's what motivated me to passing, I do not want to be one of the old women that just wait around for buses all the time, have you passed?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm still taking lessons atm, will be booking a date for my theory sometime soon and then hopefully the practical.
I hate busses for the simple fact that as a lad of 6ft 4 in height, it is impossible for me to stand up straight on the second floor of First busses.
Reply 14
Yea they don't think about tall people do they haha

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 15
I went to London once to a cafe and the toilet door entrance touched my head :/ I'm a girl of 5 ft 9

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 16
Take the bus to and from college everyday. :puke: Stagecoach

Heating is on all year round. It is always late. Bus drivers are rude. Bus is always dirty. Generally just really bad. I hate getting the bus but I have to get it. :frown:
Reply 17
Original post by 8472
Take the bus to and from college everyday. :puke: Stagecoach

Heating is on all year round. It is always late. Bus drivers are rude. Bus is always dirty. Generally just really bad. I hate getting the bus but I have to get it. :frown:

Really :/, sounds nice 😖 ... not

Posted from TSR Mobile
My boyfriend made fun of me for getting my dad to give me a lift to his house, so I started taking the bus. Did it a few times, NEVER again! My journey was like this:

1. Bus arrives on time! Awesome! Bus driver takes my money for a return ticket, massively overpriced but at least my boyfriend won't make jokes.
2. Bus reaches destination, on time, just fine.
3. Several hours later, want to get the bus back. Check the timetable- there's one in fifteen minutes. Fair enough.
4. Wait.
5. Wait some more.
6. Maybe the next bus will come instead? 45 minutes more waiting, according to the timetable.
7. Bus comes. Despite being timetabled, the driver refuses to let me on because it's out of service now. Driver heads to the bus depot, which is pretty much where I needed to go...
8. Cold and fed up, call around until I can find a family member or friend to pick me up and take me home. Return ticket gets torn apart by a really pissed off me as a bus finally arrives...just as soon as I've got someone to abandon their dinner and drive out to me.
Reply 19
Original post by syrettd
My boyfriend made fun of me for getting my dad to give me a lift to his house, so I started taking the bus. Did it a few times, NEVER again! My journey was like this:

1. Bus arrives on time! Awesome! Bus driver takes my money for a return ticket, massively overpriced but at least my boyfriend won't make jokes.
2. Bus reaches destination, on time, just fine.
3. Several hours later, want to get the bus back. Check the timetable- there's one in fifteen minutes. Fair enough.
4. Wait.
5. Wait some more.
6. Maybe the next bus will come instead? 45 minutes more waiting, according to the timetable.
7. Bus comes. Despite being timetabled, the driver refuses to let me on because it's out of service now. Driver heads to the bus depot, which is pretty much where I needed to go...
8. Cold and fed up, call around until I can find a family member or friend to pick me up and take me home. Return ticket gets torn apart by a really pissed off me as a bus finally arrives...just as soon as I've got someone to abandon their dinner and drive out to me.

Oh god, that's definitely worse than my experiences, I don't blame ya for not wanting to go back on a bus

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending