The Student Room Group

The stationery and organisation thread MK II!

Scroll to see replies

Tbh this thread is making me more excited for uni than the thought of freshers <3

Posted from TSR Mobile
So I'm off to uni in September so will no longer get the homework diary my school used to give us (unless I can get my sister to sneak me and extra one!) And from being on this thread, and the first one, I've been thinking of the Palgrave. However now I've acually search I've found there's a "The Palgrave Student Planner 2015-16 (Palgrave Study Skills)" which is the one people seemed to get last year, and "Student Planner and Academic Diary 2015-2016". Okay I've literally just realised when I went back that the second one isn't part of the Palgrave range which I thought it was since it came up near the top of the search. However, it looks pretty similar so has anyone ever got that one instead? I think it's by Pearson, but I don't remember any mentioning of it before?
Anyone use one note?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Purple~Dolphin
So I'm off to uni in September so will no longer get the homework diary my school used to give us (unless I can get my sister to sneak me and extra one!) And from being on this thread, and the first one, I've been thinking of the Palgrave. However now I've acually search I've found there's a "The Palgrave Student Planner 2015-16 (Palgrave Study Skills)" which is the one people seemed to get last year, and "Student Planner and Academic Diary 2015-2016". Okay I've literally just realised when I went back that the second one isn't part of the Palgrave range which I thought it was since it came up near the top of the search. However, it looks pretty similar so has anyone ever got that one instead? I think it's by Pearson, but I don't remember any mentioning of it before?

I had a palgrave it was excellent, I only stopped using it because I study social work and had too much to put in it as I have uni 20 hours a week! It was really good though and I think I decided on it through reading lots of palgrave vs Pearson threads! They are very similar to school planners and are really well laid out! ☺️
Original post by Purple~Dolphin

I had the Pearson one in 1st year. I preferred the look of it to the Palgrave one. It was deemed pretty much redundant though, as I later invested in a Filofax :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1985
I'm so excited to buy like a trillion notebooks and an abundance of pens/pencils to fill my desk with in accommodation.

Anyone seen The Mighty Boosh? Might re-create Howard's Stationery Village :wink:
Original post by kpwxx
A friend and I found awesome Inside Out post its in the Disney Store tonight. They're so lovely but nearly £10!!! I am going to look out for a sale and pounce online.

Xxx

Posted from TSR Mobile

I saw those too! I thought it was a bit steep price wise but then realised there's 480 sticky notes in it and now I can't decide if its worth buying!
Original post by Leeonaevam
I had a palgrave it was excellent, I only stopped using it because I study social work and had too much to put in it as I have uni 20 hours a week! It was really good though and I think I decided on it through reading lots of palgrave vs Pearson threads! They are very similar to school planners and are really well laid out! ☺️

Original post by lascelles
I had the Pearson one in 1st year. I preferred the look of it to the Palgrave one. It was deemed pretty much redundant though, as I later invested in a Filofax :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you :smile: yeah that's what I remember thinking that the palgrave seemed like my school one :smile: I think I'll look into the pearson one more to try and decide :biggrin:
I'm starting a master's degree in September and I'm so excited to buy new folders for it. :biggrin: joining the thread now, I do love my stationery...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Treypound
Anyone use one note?

Posted from TSR Mobile

:wavey: i do:smile:
Does anyone know what the paper quality is like in Paperchase notebooks? I really want to order this for uni notes but can't deal with rubbish paper 😂

http://www.paperchase.co.uk/etch-butterfly-a5-slim-pp.html
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by claireestelle
:wavey: i do:smile:

I got it lastnight still trying to figure it out... I dont see the real benifit in it tbh.. dont you find it more time consuming than just writing out notes.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by x.KimberleyB.x
Does anyone know what the paper quality is like in Paperchase notebooks? I really want to order this for uni notes but can't deal with rubbish paper 😂

http://www.paperchase.co.uk/etch-butterfly-a5-slim-pp.html

I have a more basic notebook from Paperchase and the paper in that is really nice quality, feels nice and thick and is smooth to write on. If they use the same paper in all their notebooks I reckon you'll be fine. It's not up to the standard of the paper in the Oxford notebooks but it is very close :smile:
Original post by Treypound
I got it lastnight still trying to figure it out... I dont see the real benifit in it tbh.. dont you find it more time consuming than just writing out notes.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Definitely faster for me, I can only write 20 words a minute and I can type 50 . Having fully searchable colourful notes that can never get lost and back themselves up works pretty well once you get the hang of it.
I'm doing teacher training at uni so lots of modules. Was thinking of using refill pads and transferring notes into folders and stuff but then of course there is the option of having a separate notepad for each module and now I'm stuck on what to do! Can anyone recommend what works better, particularly in terms of carrying what you need around all day?
Original post by Vicky97
I'm doing teacher training at uni so lots of modules. Was thinking of using refill pads and transferring notes into folders and stuff but then of course there is the option of having a separate notepad for each module and now I'm stuck on what to do! Can anyone recommend what works better, particularly in terms of carrying what you need around all day?

I just used an Oxford notepad for all and transferred into separate files. It means less to carry around when you have a mixture of subjects on the same day. My friend used separate ones and would often realise she had the wrong one!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Vicky97

I would probably use the refill paper and transfer them.
Usually I bring one folder to uni and have all the recent/relevant stuff for all my modules in that one folder. Then once a week I transfer all the stuff into individual folders for each module.
I prefer this method as if you had to add additional notes it's easier just to write them on refill paper and slot them into the file instead of leaving gaps in notebooks etc...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Can anyone recommend any coloured pads? I like the Pukka Pad coloured refills because they're much easier on my eyes and I seem to be able to remember things better when notes are on different colours, but I LOVE the Oxford pads (of course!) for their 90gsm quality paper - does anyone know of any great quality paper pads that come in different coloured paper?
Original post by x.KimberleyB.x
I saw those too! I thought it was a bit steep price wise but then realised there's 480 sticky notes in it and now I can't decide if its worth buying!

I was near a Disney store today again and was so tempted, but I avoided it because we were in a rush. I really like the normal notepad as well, and the small project pad with the different emotions... That would be great as a reflective journal! The whole range would actually be great for kids to help with emotional understanding as well.

I want everything.

Xxx

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'll soon be making my stock of 100 Stabilo Blue ballpoint pens.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending