The Student Room Group

How to get an A grade in AQA A physics A2?

Hi!
I have a goal this year to get an A in A2 physics. I got a C this year but that was purely down to flopping one exam... (yes i am re-sitting)
I would really appreciate advice from anyone who has done this course on how to ace it. I only need a B overall for the chemistry course I want to do, but an A will really boost my C from AS level. (so should my re-sit)
I seem to understand the content and do well in past papers, but somehow always manage to miss out crucial information.
Is there anything i should focus on from the start that is much harder?
Thanks in advance for any help :smile:
Go on the AQA specification for A2 level physics and print it out, it has all the learning objectives the you NEED to know, student books and revision guides have alot of extra bulls**t that you don't need to know..

The spec tells you all the key and vital information you need to get the best grades...

hope this helps :/
Reply 2
Go through past papers and copy out the definitions, since those marks are just memorising a sentence or two.
For the medical physics and universe stuff there are some long written questions which again, you can just memorise and reel off in the exam (it may seem like tons of work but it's definitely worth it when a 6+ mark written question comes up and you know you can get every mark!).
They like including power in questions, so make sure you know the equation(s) for that.
Hope this helps!
Reply 3
Original post by Raza10101
Go on the AQA specification for A2 level physics and print it out, it has all the learning objectives the you NEED to know, student books and revision guides have alot of extra bulls**t that you don't need to know..

The spec tells you all the key and vital information you need to get the best grades...

hope this helps :/

Original post by rwindsor
Go through past papers and copy out the definitions, since those marks are just memorising a sentence or two.
For the medical physics and universe stuff there are some long written questions which again, you can just memorise and reel off in the exam (it may seem like tons of work but it's definitely worth it when a 6+ mark written question comes up and you know you can get every mark!).
They like including power in questions, so make sure you know the equation(s) for that.
Hope this helps!

Okay thanks a lot guys. I think i'll learn all the definitions and 6 markers ASAP, because as you said they are easy marks if you know whats up. I never thought about looking at the specification, so thanks!
Original post by thedontom
Okay thanks a lot guys. I think i'll learn all the definitions and 6 markers ASAP, because as you said they are easy marks if you know whats up. I never thought about looking at the specification, so thanks!

Hey pal, have you tried putting a banging donk on it?
This usually helps me, one is never enough though, I go for about four or five.
:bhangra:
Reply 5
Original post by Liam.McGowan
Hey pal, have you tried putting a banging donk on it?
This usually helps me, one is never enough though, I go for about four or five.
:bhangra:

I knew that would help, thanks friend ;P

Quick Reply

Latest