Fascist Le Pen in UK this Weekend. Watch

This discussion is closed.
FoxNewsRocks
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
People who preach diversity and multi-culturalism are comparable to Le Pens preachings. Not everyone believes in those things, in fact i`d say the majority of western world people do not agree with diversity, but you dont see us out trashing cars and harassing their speeches. Maybe its because we are more intellectually astute and dont resort to violence and protests and use our brains to fight the system and not just look stupid on worldwide tv.
Bigcnee
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Hayley...)
Le Pen and the BNP both have the right to air their views, also without opponents jeering them, drowning them out. The same applies to everyone on the political spectrum. Which means those marching against the far-right's views have every right to do so. Though violence, bottle throwing, etc is not the way to go about it.

But it doesn't mean I have to agree with what they're saying.
And, when it comes to the BNP, Le Pen, etc, I most certainly do not..
How would you suggest dealing with Politicians that have assaulted fellow politicians and politicians that have been guilty of toture?
Howard
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Bigcnee)
How would you suggest dealing with Politicians that have assaulted fellow politicians and politicians that have been guilty of toture?
Politicians who are guilty of torture while in the service of and with the approval of the State or armed forces 40 odd years ago? Tricky really.
kingslaw
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 14 years ago
(Original post by FoxNewsRocks)
People who preach diversity and multi-culturalism are comparable to Le Pens preachings. Not everyone believes in those things, in fact i`d say the majority of western world people do not agree with diversity, but you dont see us out trashing cars and harassing their speeches
Although I'd stray from saying those who preach multi-culturalism are comparable to Le Pens preaching (multi-culturalism and mono-culturalism are similar? eh?) I would certainly NOT call myself a multiculturalist. Multiculturalism focuses too much on what divides us as human beings and seeks to highlight our differences, rather than focussing on what makes us similar as human-beings. Hence the increased quasi-voluntary segregation of many communities in towns such as Burnley, Oldham, Bradford, etc into asian and white areas.

Maybe its because we are more intellectually astute and dont resort to violence and protests and use our brains to fight the system and not just look stupid on worldwide tv.
I'm sorry. Please tell us mere mortals of inferior intellectual ability how exactly you have used your brain to fight the system?? I'm sure that someone as mighty as yourself sitting on your armchair thinking about the world is much more effective than the people who stood in solidarity to bring down some of the most powerful brutal Stalinist regimes in Eastern Europe, Milosovich in Yugoslavia, and the various benefits brought to us Brits by the slaughtered protesting workers in Peterloo and other bloody events in the history of the British labour movement.
Bigcnee
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Howard)
Politicians who are guilty of torture while in the service of and with the approval of the State or armed forces 40 odd years ago? Tricky really.
..or not?
FoxNewsRocks
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by kingslaw)
I'm sorry. Please tell us mere mortals of inferior intellectual ability how exactly you have used your brain to fight the system??
Every time you dont see us at a protest rally.

I'm sure that someone as mighty as yourself sitting on your armchair thinking about the world is much more effective than the people who stood in solidarity to bring down some of the most powerful brutal Stalinist regimes in Eastern Europe, Milosovich in Yugoslavia, and the various benefits brought to us Brits by the slaughtered protesting workers in Peterloo and other bloody events in the history of the British labour movement.

I was not meriting myself as superior to anyone here or there, if thats what that long prose was aimed at. I just like interesting debates and i will fight for my views no matter what the situation, but i will not sling proverbial mud at anyone like some like to do. But to throw bottles and garbage is a sign of uncivilized people, to think otherwise is ridiculous. When you go beyond the ability to speak your opinions and protests, then you lose your right to be taken seriously.
Howard
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Bigcnee)
..or not?
I think you need to put yourself in the position of a French officer serving in Algeria 40 odd years ago before passing judgement.
kingslaw
Rep:
?
I was not meriting myself as superior to anyone here or there, if thats what that long prose was aimed at. I just like interesting debates and i will fight for my views no matter what the situation, but i will not sling proverbial mud at anyone like some like to do. But to throw bottles and garbage is a sign of uncivilized people, to think otherwise is ridiculous. When you go beyond the ability to speak your opinions and protests, then you lose your right to be taken seriously.
I'm sorry. How on earth do you exactly plan to change anything then? Debate all day?!? The way you 'just like' interesting debates seems to imply your more bothered about securing yourself in the knowledge that your right, rather than actually wanting to see anything you believe in being put into practice. You cannot say you believe in anything unless you fight for it, and that involves getting off your backside and doing something as well as telling other people you are right.

You may fight your views in a debate, but you seem to be willing to do sod all beyond your little discussions over coffee. Sometimes you cannot simply speak the truth to power and hope they see it your way, as in many circumstances power already knows the truth. Debating and proving your right does not always work. What then?
FoxNewsRocks
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I'm sorry. How on earth do you exactly plan to change anything then? Debate all day?!? The way you 'just like' interesting debates seems to imply your more bothered about securing yourself in the knowledge that your right, rather than actually wanting to see anything you believe in being put into practice. You cannot say you believe in anything unless you fight for it, and that involves getting off your backside and doing something as well as telling other people you are right.

You may fight your views in a debate, but you seem to be willing to do sod all beyond your little discussions over coffee. Sometimes you cannot simply speak the truth to power and hope they see it your way, as in many circumstances power already knows the truth. Debating and proving your right does not always work. What then?
The funny part of your remark is that you somehow think i`m sitting in a armchair typing away. I actually work in the govt, albeit only as an intern for congress for now. So i actually do see how things work and dont work, and if you think throwing objects is a way to gain support of ANYTHING, then you are the armchair warrior, not i my friend. Protesting is fine, but when it degrades to violence, you lose any moral highground you had.
kingslaw
Rep:
?
The funny part of your remark is that you somehow think i`m sitting in a armchair typing away. I actually work in the govt, albeit only as an intern for congress for now. So i actually do see how things work and dont work, and if you think throwing objects is a way to gain support of ANYTHING, then you are the armchair warrior, not i my friend. Protesting is fine, but when it degrades to violence, you lose any moral highground you had.
You can avoid all you want. I dont particuarily care what you do as a job. I'm more bothered about how you believed the Chartists should have secured decent working conditions, or the Eastern Europeans should have disposed of their Stalinist leaders in the early 90s? Debated until they the leaders died of sheer boredom?
aliel
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I think you need to put yourself in the position of a French officer serving in Algeria 40 odd years ago before passing judgement.
Umm, yeah placing electrodes on Algerian men's balls. Do you know of the extent of torture that took place? I suppose the women and children were also guilty :rolleyes:
Howard
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
.........................or the Eastern Europeans should have disposed of their Stalinist leaders in the early 90s? Debated until they the leaders died of sheer boredom?
Hmmmmm......not by violent uprising actually.
Howard
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by aliel)
Umm, yeah placing electrodes on Algerian men's balls. Do you know of the extent of torture that took place? I suppose the women and children were also guilty :rolleyes:
Have you ever served in the Armed forces?
aliel
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
No. But I dare you to argue that that sort of thing should be allowed to take place? :rolleyes: Look Howard, most french people are ashamed of what happened during that time...so don't even try to argue with me.

Two degrees you have? What were they in and where did you do them?
aliel
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I suggest accounts from those stationed in France. Many readily state that they raped women and abused children. It is sickening.
FoxNewsRocks
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
You can avoid all you want. I dont particuarily care what you do as a job. I'm more bothered about how you believed the Chartists should have secured decent working conditions, or the Eastern Europeans should have disposed of their Stalinist leaders in the early 90s? Debated until they the leaders died of sheer boredom?

Theres a difference between governmental enforcement and some leftists in the street showing his ignorance.
Howard
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by aliel)
No. But I dare you to argue that that sort of thing should be allowed to take place? :rolleyes: Look Howard, most french people are ashamed of what happened during that time...so don't even try to argue with me.

Two degrees you have? What were they in and where did you do them?
Are my qualifications relevent to your life?

BSc(Hons) Quantity Surveying - University of Central Lancashire
LLb(Hons) Law - Open University

Not exactly Oxford educated. Now, what two degrees do you have again?
aliel
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Are my qualifications relevent to your life?

BSc(Hons) Quantity Surveying - University of Central Lancashire
LLb(Hons) Law - Open University

Not exactly Oxford educated. Now, what two degrees do you have?
I just assumed you were 14 or something- no offence and therefore didn't understand why you had said you had done two degrees. Not relevant to my life just puzzled me slightly..
Howard
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by aliel)
I just assumed you were 14 or something- no offence and therefore didn't understand why you had said you had done two degrees. Not relevant to my life just puzzled me slightly..
aliel
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Yep- definitely a lil 14 year old boy,hehe.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Who is most responsible for your success at university

Mostly me (521)
91.56%
Mostly my university including my lecturers/tutors (48)
8.44%

Watched Threads