CalamityJane135
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
I just passed my AS levels and although I did pretty well in my other two subjects I came out with a C in chemistry, which I was really disappointed about. For my applications to Uni, most of them want an A in a science subject, and do people think, that with an unbelievable amount of hard work, that it would be possible to bring my grade up?
Advertisement
charco
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by CalamityJane135)
I just passed my AS levels and although I did pretty well in my other two subjects I came out with a C in chemistry, which I was really disappointed about. For my applications to Uni, most of them want an A in a science subject, and do people think, that with an unbelievable amount of hard work, that it would be possible to bring my grade up?
No, it's simply not believable...
CalamityJane135
Rep:
?
(Original post by charco)
No, it's simply not believable...
OK fair enough! I thought as much, but other opinions are always appreciated I'll have to figure out another option.
Advertisement
06shawm
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Yes, I have friends that have got a C in AS chemistry and brought it up to an A at A2. It is going to be a lot of hard work though, especially now due to the departure of january exams.

This is a great resource if you haven't heard of it already.

http://www.a-levelchemistry.co.uk/AQ...ry%20home.html
CalamityJane135
Rep:
?
(Original post by 06shawm)
Yes, I have friends that have got a C in AS chemistry and brought it up to an A at A2. It is going to be a lot of hard work though, especially now due to the departure of january exams.

This is a great resource if you haven't heard of it already.

http://www.a-levelchemistry.co.uk/AQ...ry%20home.html
Thank you so much! My teachers have recommended the site before, I'll just have to make sure I do all the exercises on it! Did they rest any of the AS modules? Because I was thinking about resitting Unit 2, but I wasn't sure if that would just hinder all the work I would have to do next year…?
Advertisement
06shawm
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Thank you so much! My teachers have recommended the site before, I'll just have to make sure I do all the exercises on it! Did they rest any of the AS modules? Because I was thinking about resitting Unit 2, but I wasn't sure if that would just hinder all the work I would have to do next year…?
Yeah, most resat some of the AS modules. I resat unit 2 to bump up my AS UMS. I would say there is a lot of crossover between unit 2 and unit 4 therefore I would definitely consider resitting that module. Also, there is a lot of potential UMS available with unit 2 since it is a big unit but manageable overall.

Dont underestimate A2 chemistry though since it is a reasonable jump up from AS. The units, especially unit 4, involve much more content to learn.
CalamityJane135
Rep:
?
(Original post by 06shawm)
Yeah, most resat some of the AS modules. I resat unit 2 to bump up my AS UMS. I would say there is a lot of crossover between unit 2 and unit 4 therefore I would definitely consider resitting that module. Also, there is a lot of potential UMS available with unit 2 since it is a big unit but manageable overall.

Dont underestimate A2 chemistry though since it is a reasonable jump up from AS. The units, especially unit 4, involve much more content to learn.
Thank you so much! This has been so helpful! I will definitely take it all into consideration!
Advertisement
06shawm
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Thank you so much! This has been so helpful! I will definitely take it all into consideration!
No problem. Good luck!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you experienced financial difficulties as a student due to Covid-19?

Yes, I have really struggled financially (10)
14.93%
I have experienced some financial difficulties (12)
17.91%
I haven't experienced any financial difficulties and things have stayed the same (30)
44.78%
I have had better financial opportunities as a result of the pandemic (12)
17.91%
I've had another experience (let us know in the thread!) (3)
4.48%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise