Not yet to be accepted into uni, will I still be able to get accomodation

Watch
Shaliina
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
I have to get a level 2 functional skills before I can be accepted at Hertfordshire uni.

What's the chances I'll be able to live in halls, I did apply back in May but since my offers conditional still it hasn't been accepted.

Or will all the places most likely be taken up because it's so late.
purplelamp
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Have you done the FS yet? If not then you won't have it by the time you start uni so you won't get in and won't be able to get accommodation.
If you already have the FS then give them a ring and see what's happening. There still might be some places left but not for your first choice

Posted from TSR Mobile
Shaliina
Rep:
?
(Original post by purplelamp)
Have you done the FS yet? If not then you won't have it by the time you start uni so you won't get in and won't be able to get accommodation.
If you already have the FS then give them a ring and see what's happening. There still might be some places left but not for your first choice

Posted from TSR Mobile
I haven't done it yet, I'm going to ring up some place tomorrow to try do it. I'm hoping I can get it done soon.

I'm really not feeling commuting, I'm guessing everywhere would be full by now since everyone would already have there results. I'm most likely screwed
purplelamp
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Shaliina)
I haven't done it yet, I'm going to ring up some place tomorrow to try do it. I'm hoping I can get it done soon.

I'm really not feeling commuting, I'm guessing everywhere would be full by now since everyone would already have there results. I'm most likely screwed
I done 3 Level 2 FS at school and they have exams. I'm not sure you will have completed the exam and got it marked by the time you start uni, although they do have online assessments now so good luck

There might be some accommodation left, not the best ones but the uni will try to help find you somewhere, might be private accommodation though.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Shaliina
Rep:
?
I done 3 Level 2 FS at school and they have exams. I'm not sure you will have completed the exam and got it marked by the time you start uni, although they do have online assessments now so good luck

There might be some accommodation left, not the best ones but the uni will try to help find you somewhere, might be private accommodation though.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I got told you can get them done fairly quickly, is private accommodation going to be more expensive than halls, much rather live in halls so I can meet people. If it's done online I would of thought it got marked automatically or something
purplelamp
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Shaliina)
I got told you can get them done fairly quickly, is private accommodation going to be more expensive than halls, much rather live in halls so I can meet people. If it's done online I would of thought it got marked automatically or something
I've had a look at the website and they say you need a centre which does the online tests, which needs to register both them and you. Follow this link http://www.edexcel.com/migrationdocu...de-2013-14.pdf and it'll give you more info, but it does say:
'Test results will be available via Edexcel Online within four weeks of Edexcel receiving the test file.'

Private accomodation could be more expensive depending on where you are and whether or not the bills etc are included in the rent.

I hope this has helped
Shaliina
Rep:
?
I've had a look at the website and they say you need a centre which does the online tests, which needs to register both them and you. Follow this link http://www.edexcel.com/migrationdocu...de-2013-14.pdf and it'll give you more info, but it does say:
'Test results will be available via Edexcel Online within four weeks of Edexcel receiving the test file.'

Private accomodation could be more expensive depending on where you are and whether or not the bills etc are included in the rent.

I hope this has helped
Yeah that helped thanks
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (587)
34.13%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (710)
41.28%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (344)
20%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (79)
4.59%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed