The Student Room Group

Dundee Medical School Applicants 2015

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
They just received our application haha nothing much

Posted from TSR Mobile
For the work experience form, is anyone including volunteering at a nursing home and with the disabled as work experience?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 22
Work experience form?? What's that?
Reply 23
Has anyone applied to the A104 course? And is it the same 60/40 ukcat/academics split for the pre-med year?
Original post by wanda123
Work experience form?? What's that?

An email came this morning about a questionnaire into work experience and extenuating circumstances. It gave the impression it was sent to everyone who applied so I'm sure you will get it soon :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 25
Original post by BookWhore
An email came this morning about a questionnaire into work experience and extenuating circumstances. It gave the impression it was sent to everyone who applied so I'm sure you will get it soon :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I got it 10 minutes ago :smile: Phew, I got worried there for a sec :colondollar:
hey guys. Just a question regarding the work experience form:smile: If I do voluntary work but it isnt related to medicine ( the supervisor isnt a doctor or anything) , do I still put it in?:smile:
Original post by GemaineCOG
hey guys. Just a question regarding the work experience form:smile: If I do voluntary work but it isnt related to medicine ( the supervisor isnt a doctor or anything) , do I still put it in?:smile:

I only put in medical related. So I included volunteering in a care home and volunteering with disabled adults, but I didn't include volunteering in a charity shop or starting a study group. I think it said 'in a healthcare setting' or something similar on the form

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 28
Original post by GemaineCOG

It says "health care related" and "work experience", so non-healthcare related voluntary work probably doesn't make the cut. I don't think I'm even putting nursing-home volunteering in, as it's not work experience...
Thanks so much for the reply guys, appreciate it:smile:) HMM what about work experience in the HR department of a community hospital though:/
hey guys! Do we put care home volunteering on the form aswell? Also, what about a medicine taster day? its not really work experience so should I still put it on?
Reply 31
Does anyone know how many applications dundee received this year?

Posted from TSR Mobile
So I forgot my password...looks like il have to ring them Tomo and do form quickly! Take long?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Dylan_20
So I forgot my password...looks like il have to ring them Tomo and do form quickly! Take long?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hey I am not sure how long it takes to request a new password but in case it takes too long, you might wanna phone the office and tell them you have a bit of delay. The link for the delay thing is in your email
Yeah I already sent it. I asked for an extension but I told them I would ring IT in morning. Does it take long to complete the form?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeah I already sent it. I asked for an extension but I told them I would ring IT in morning. Does it take long to complete the form?

Posted from TSR Mobile

No. I did mine in 20 minutes. However I keep a record of details of all my work experience so it was easy to insert.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

The main thing would be the address of the place you worked in, your mentor's name, contact and email:smile: So best to get them all ready first. And the month in which you started work
Do you need to have number and email , I only have either or:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Do you need to have number and email , I only have either or:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

It says you must fill in at least one field (out of number, email and address) I filled out as many as I could. Some I just had number/ email and address for.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thanks guys :smile:!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending