The Student Room Group

I am worried about my love life? help please

Okay I'm gonna admit this. I am a 19 year old girl who has never had any boyfriend nor close contact with a guy. (not even hugging as it is not a culture here)

When I was 12 to 14, I was really overweight (not obese!) and somehow someone figured out who I liked and things kinda spread. People started teasing me and I was also kinda emotionally bullied a little bit by a guy that thought I had a crush on him. I got teased and laughed at quite a lot on my weight and body. I was called names like hippo, cow and got teased about my "ability" of knocking down a building / getting crack lines on the floor when I walk. I was afraid of gym class and shopping in general. It was then I think that I grew fear towards men/boys and started to have low self esteem.

I would say I look quite different now compared to the old me. I have lost quite a lot of weight and still working towards my target (bmi 20). My current bmi is 25. My friends sometimes tell me I am pretty but I just can't believe them, it's like I try to believe their words but this little voice in my head kept on telling me that I am still a fat girl.

Anyway, I never had a lot of guy friends despite being in a co ed school. I NEVER had a close guy friend. I just can't open up to them. I am too scared to let them cross over the territory that I have built over the years and I don't know how to communicate with them. I just..CAN'T ACT NORMALLY AROUND THEM.

So right now at 19 where a lot of my friends start having boyfriends and sweet things done together, I am still the middle school girl who has secret crushes on guys and could never do anything. I am terrified, jealous and angry at the same time. I cry easily when I watch teen movies because they made me feel like such a loser.

Any advice? (serious comments only please)
tbh, my eyes are wet now.
Hello. I feel You. I understand you. The problem is accepting yourself and taking that hard step of faith. Believe in yourself and change tour overall attitude.
Reply 3

Thank you for the link. The article does cheer me up and inspired me :smile:
Original post by Anonymous
Thank you for the link. The article does cheer me up and inspired me :smile:

No problem. Refer to it whenever you feel down, and don't let yourself feel like ****. You're better than that:biggrin:
Reply 5
Original post by Mr.Econometrics
No problem. Refer to it whenever you feel down, and don't let yourself feel like ****. You're better than that:biggrin:

:smile:
Btw it is a bad idea to type out your fears before bed time. I woke up in horror after dreaming about my college friends bullying me and calling me names (which they never).
Original post by Anonymous
:smile:
Btw it is a bad idea to type out your fears before bed time. I woke up in horror after dreaming about my college friends bullying me and calling me names (which they never).

Yes, definitely. Out of mind, out of sight. Everything heals with time. A year or so more maximum! Think of it like that:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending