British.Lassie
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Thought we could all share our thoughts on why we want to become a nurse.
My reasons are ................................ .....................

My gran died of breast cancer, my best friends dad died of cancer, a family friend has terminal cancer and a close friend has cancer. Another friend has an alcohol problem. Basically people are dying around me and all I want to do is help them, but obviously I cant. so I want to be a nurse so I can help them. even if it is just to provide support to really ill patients.

so why did you want to become a nurse
Muggins95
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Feel like this is practice for my personal statement
I want to be a nurse because I definitely wanted a people person job, and something more on the side of actually caring for people. But I also am really interested in health and science, so nursing is a good combination of both. I like how nursing is very challenging but also very rewarding, comes with the bonus of never being bored as well!
ScottMcCall
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I didn't always want to do Nursing it's really a relatively recent idea (I probably first considered it 8 months ago lol) but I got really interested in Mental Health from personal experiences and some voluntary work
I've done. I really want to work with people in a non superficial way, in a way I can make a difference. It also would require me to use my brain as it's so varied.

The slightly boring answer is that it's a stable, decently paid career with plenty of career opportunties. After being unemployed for the year with no hope for the future I really value that.
j_flower3
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I actually wanted to become a Nurse when I was 15. I'm now 17 and I'm certain about being a Nurse. I loved doing GCSE Health and Social Care (probably why I got an A* in the subject). And instead of getting on with my coursework I would stare at Nursing job profiles and blogs for an hour xD. My sister also does Health and Social Care but wants to become a physiotherapist. I guess the course is great for inspiring students into healthcare professions.
deviant182
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
To help others who can't help themselves.
That's why I do my job and why im starting nursing in 3 weeks. Cannot wait!

Posted from TSR Mobile
keano2014
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
My story isn't as noble...

I got a job as an auxiliary as it was either that or the stockroom in poundstretcher. Had no idea what to expect, but round it fairly easy. That led to my hnc which led to my degree... so it all happened quite by accident.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (617)
33.73%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (769)
42.04%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (362)
19.79%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (81)
4.43%

Watched Threads