Health and Fitness Clubs - Virgin Active or David Lloyd??

Watch
happysmile
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Hello, so I'm thinking of getting a membership at either Virgin Active or David Lloyd - I know David Lloyd's ridiculously expensive and they don't have their membership fees online (it's much more expensive than Virgin Active though) but for anyone who has been to both, is it worth the price? I'll mostly just be swimming, probably go there once or twice a week. I've only visited David Lloyd, so how are the Virgin Active facilites compared to that of David Lloyd? Any suggestions? Thanks.
happysmile
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Hello? anyone??
xXxBaby-BooxXx
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Would you not be cheaper just going to a local swimming pool if that's all you want?
Caedus
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
They're quite similar, though in my experience David Lloyd provides a more upmarket experience.
Deus69
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Correction David Lloyd used to provide a more upmarket experience before 2017 and the only decent one is hatfield and Chigwell but Hatfield David Lloyds is in the middle of nowhere thus harder to get to. Everywhere else is just political buerocratic rubbish, that you get annoyed by managers if you do something wrong like train really hard and some staff think your going to pass out but you don't and you have to fill out a form just in case you die so they are covered? Good thing they care more about us than our money (Being Sarcastic)

I'd say Virgin Active its way cheaper and for better gym experience, I don't think they have Tennis courts though but from what I hear from a buddy of mine they have swimming sauna and steamroom and are cleaner that David Lloyds, and look cooler and have better machines.

Unless you can go Hatfield like I said which would technically be the best fitness experience overall with nice visuals. Its not worth the price. I have been to David lloyds for many years and prices keep rising each year and level of service has declined alot since 2008 and some say it was better even before that. I hear 2017 it went down hill fast, I'd go with Virgin Active Better Training Quality that's better for your wallet.
Last edited by Deus69; 1 year ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (586)
34.21%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (706)
41.21%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (343)
20.02%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (78)
4.55%

Watched Threads