Which A levels are easiest to do AS and A2 in one year?

Watch
username1495504
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Following a previous thread I made, I'm thinking of dropping two AS subjects as I did bad in two.
I ended up with a D in English Lang after the sixth form had the coursework moderated down.

I don't want to carry on to A2 as a result and think the subject is boring as sin anyway.

So which A level subjects are 'easy' to do in one year starting fresh with AS and A2 content?
Please don't suggest anything maths based as I'm crap.
marm-alade
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Some girls in my college did photography in one year. I suppose art is the same.
username1495504
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
(Original post by marm-alade)
Some girls in my college did photography in one year. I suppose art is the same.
Photography isn't taught at my sixth form. No way I'm doing A level art. GCSE art was enough work.
marm-alade
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Strawberry68)
Photography isn't taught at my sixth form. No way I'm doing A level art. GCSE art was enough work.
to be honest mate, there isn't really an 'easy' a-level apart from ones that are not exam based that can be done easily in two years... I guess applied ICT could be one?? If it's exam based, you're gonna have a absolute **** load of content to learn, and if its coursework and exam based, you're gonna have like 4 pieces of coursework due in at the same time. And exams.

If it's practical based then you just have to put in the hours. A lot easier to do in a year.
_Fergo
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Depends;

Do you know (and I mean very well) any language like Spanish, German etc? If yes, then this would be the easiest -and most respected.
Do you know (>>) any classical languages like Latin or Greek? If yes, then this would be doable, but still very difficult. (doing this myself!)

Are you good at maths? Have heard many people doing it in one year and gaining A*s. Of course, you will only do well if you're keen on maths (and only then!).

Psychology, Economics & Government and Politics have been fast-tracked by people, although this depends greatly on how you learn. Economics is the most respected.

You should note that, whatever you choose, it is not going to be easy unless you've got native-like knowledge of a language.

Good luck!
aworldalone
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I did Sociology (the entire A level) self taught this year and got an A (6 marks away from an A*- full marks in unit 4 but unit 3 let me down... Getting a remark) Its not difficult per-say, but you have to get the essay technique and names down. The key is essay planning and practice

The next one would have to be Religious Studies Edexcel. Unit 1 is basically writing 4 essays on topics you've learnt, unit 2 is one big essay, you study one topic i.e abortion. Unit 3 is identical to unit 1, essays on topics you've studied, and unit 4, you read an extract then answer questions on it. I really loved the course (self taught this too) and got an A. It was the most enjoyable because I picked the topics I was most interested in (instead of religion, I chose the ethics and philosophy sections)

I would recommend these for people self teaching/doing the A level in a year. I left a lot last minute and I'm really please it worked out.
ps1265A
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Great thread OP
Kolasinac138
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Maths
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (592)
34.06%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (720)
41.43%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (347)
19.97%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (79)
4.55%

Watched Threads