The Student Room Group

I’ve grown up in this relationship after I found out my bf cheated on me.

The guy “won” my heart by telling me he could give up his future career, his family and friends here just to be with me, as I was his whole world. We had a very good time and he said I was his sole mate and best friend.

During Easter, I thought I might be pregnant, meanwhile, this girl came into our relationship. She was also my uni friend, I thought she was very nice and encouraged my bf and her to be friends. My bf said she looked very similar to me, but I was much more beautiful.

He started bringing up her name a lot, actually, he’d already been texting and hanging out with her (one on one) often, he hid it from me and told me he didn’t really speak to her.

Then one night my bf and I were texting about our uni work and he suddenly stopped replying and disappeared. He’d told me he was in library so I went to see him as I was there as well. But he wasn’t there. So I called him, he was very nervous on the phone and lied to me he was by himself, but he was actually with her.

Later I found all this out, this was the most heart broken thing at that period. And finally he told me it was not that he was lying/hiding, it was that he could do whatever he wanted without telling me.

He was also distant to me at that period, he didn’t even care I might be pregnant, he said it was too painful to see me.

Actually, I knew his interests on me has declined since we slept together, he told me the honey moon was over and we had to get back to normal life, not that affectionate. And he started to got angry at me over small things (he sometimes apologized afterwards though). Meanwhile, he still liked talking to different girls, my uni friend told me she’d seen him initiated conversation with girls a lot after lectures.

But I kept silent about these things. I helped him with uni work, cooked and sewed for him, watched football with him, never hesitated to lend him money when he needed, I tried my best to make him happy. But, as he said, spending too much time with me made him feel bored, and it would be interesting to find happiness with other people ( this is really what he said).

To be honest, at first, I hated him and the girl so much that I would like everyone to know what happened. But one day I saw a picture of a friend of mine, let’s call her J (I just picked up a random letter, no specific meaning), with her bf B (same, just a random letter). B had a girlfriend when he started dating J and eventually he broke up with his ex and get into a relationship with J. Although I knew what J and his bf had done was wrong and would have caused B’s ex gf so much pain, but simply because she was my friend so I didn’t hate her and still I wished them all the best, with sympathy towards B’s ex of course.

I’ve understood that you see things differently from different angles, if I can open up my mind, I’ll understand that that girl probably really likes my bf and can’t help but wants his company even though she knows it would hurt me, and my bf, who doesn’t have a sense of responsibility and empathy, has just grown up to be the person that life has taught him to be. In the end, they’re just different people, I would never want to be like them, but there’s no need to hate.

And yes, I broke up with him, and wished him happy. And, he hates me now, for he said he feels like being thrown away, and said it’s very rude for me not to reply his texts. He also says he’s done nothing wrong. I don’t even want to argue with him, but it’s poor for someone to think like that, for no one could have ever done nothing wrong, we just learn from our mistakes to be better.

Yes, this is a rather heart breaking experience for me, but I’ve learned how to be a better girlfriend and how to choose the person I date, and luckily I learned it in a young age.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 1
Original post by roseistanbul
The guy “won” my heart by telling me he could give up his future career, his family and friends here just to be with me, as I was his whole world. We had a very good time and he said I was his sole mate and best friend.

During Easter, I thought I might be pregnant, meanwhile, this girl came into our relationship. She was also my uni friend, I thought she was very nice and encouraged my bf and her to be friends. My bf said she looked very similar to me, but I was much more beautiful.

He started bringing up her name a lot, actually, he’d already been texting and hanging out with her (one on one) often, he hid it from me and told me he didn’t really speak to her.

Then one night my bf and I were texting about our uni work and he suddenly stopped replying and disappeared. He’d told me he was in library so I went to see him as I was there as well. But he wasn’t there. So I called him, he was very nervous on the phone and lied to me he was by himself, but he was actually with her.

Later I found all this out, this was the most heart broken thing at that period. And finally he told me it was not that he was lying/hiding, it was that he could do whatever he wanted without telling me.

He was also distant to me at that period, he didn’t even care I might be pregnant, he said it was too painful to see me.

Actually, I knew his interests on me has declined since we slept together, he told me the honey moon was over and we had to get back to normal life, not that affectionate. And he started to got angry at me over small things (he sometimes apologized afterwards though). Meanwhile, he still liked talking to different girls, my uni friend told me she’d seen him initiated conversation with girls a lot after lectures.

But I kept silent about these things. I helped him with uni work, cooked and sewed for him, watched football with him, never hesitated to lend him money when he needed, I tried my best to make him happy. But, as he said, spending too much time with me made him feel bored, and it would be interesting to find happiness with other people ( this is really what he said).

To be honest, at first, I hated him and the girl so much that I would like everyone to know what happened. But one day I saw a picture of a friend of mine, let’s call her J (I just picked up a random letter, no specific meaning), with her bf B (same, just a random letter). B had a girlfriend when I started dating J and eventually he broke up with his ex and get into a relationship with J. Although I knew what J and his bf had done was wrong and would have caused B’s ex gf so much pain, but simply because she was my friend so I didn’t hate her and still I wished them all the best, with sympathy towards B’s ex of course.

I’ve understood that you see things differently from different angles, if I can open up my mind, I’ll understand that that girl probably really likes my bf and can’t help but wants his company even though she knows it would hurt me, and my bf, who doesn’t have a sense of responsibility and empathy, has just grown up to be the person that life has taught him to be. In the end, they’re just different people, I would never want to be like them, but there’s no need to hate.

And yes, I broke up with him, and wished happy. And, he hates me now, for he said he feels like being thrown away, and said it’s very rude for me not to reply his texts. He also says he’s done nothing wrong. I don’t even want to argue with him, but it’s poor for someone to think like that, for no one could have ever done nothing wrong, we just learn from our mistakes to be better.

Yes, this is a rather heart breaking experience for me, but I’ve learned how to be a better girlfriend and how to choose the person I date, and luckily I learned it in a young age.

this made me wana cry, some people are so cruel :cry:

To be honest, at first, I hated him and the girl so much that I would like everyone to know what happened. But one day I saw a picture of a friend of mine, let’s call her J (I just picked up a random letter, no specific meaning), with her bf B (same, just a random letter). B had a girlfriend when he started dating J and eventually he broke up with his ex and get into a relationship with J. Although I knew what J and his bf had done was wrong and would have caused B’s ex gf so much pain, but simply because she was my friend so I didn’t hate her and still I wished them all the best, with sympathy towards B’s ex of course.

And yes, I broke up with him, and wished him happy. And, he hates me now, for he said he feels like being thrown away, and said it’s very rude for me not to reply his texts. He also says he’s done nothing wrong. I don’t even want to argue with him, but it’s poor for someone to think like that, for no one could have ever done nothing wrong, we just learn from our mistakes to be better.

You're doing the right thing by ignoring him, he was being a right kn0b and you can do better. Don't stick around and try make things work in a relationship when it clearly isn't going to work, I've learnt this the hard way.
he cheated on you and got made you dumped him? lol.
May I just say you are a really amazing person and you don't deserve what has happened to you. Just know that you're worth so much more than him, he never deserved to have someone like you and he is the one that is going to be missing out and he has/will realise that. I hope you move on and find that special someone and like you said you have learnt things from this which is good. You're doing right by ignoring him, you don't need someone like him in your life, he didn't care about hurting you and so you shouldn't care about ignoring him because that's what he deserves. I hate that guys cheat it's so stupid. My ex recently broke up with me this month, we was in a long distance relationship, she was my first girlfriend and we loved each other very much but she was so insecure. I am going to university next month and she didn't like the idea of me staying in a apartments where there will be girls and she also didn't let me go out with friends of a night and so it got to much for her and she broke up with me, yes that destroyed me because I could never cheat or anything like that but sadly she was cheated on in a previous relationship and that's why she was so insecure she said. I hope you find that special someone and can forget all about that guy who hurt you, of course a lot of men aren't like that and won't cheat etc. I wish you the best of luck and just know that you're doing right and you can do a lot better than him.
Reply 5
Good - I'm just glad you dumped him. He now realises how he misses you once you're gone :smile:
You made a commitment to one another to honour each other and that means behaviour which are values demonstrated to the world.

Entering into a relationship is just the same as when you enter a vow of marriage.

He didn't keep his honour and thus doesn't deserve you.

You have to look at this and consider where you are: 19, 21 or 25.. years old. Think of where you want to be in the future - husband, house, and children and that is possible with someone.

There will always be people out there who don't realise that the consequences of the actions affect others in different ways. Whether it be colleagues, friends, family or even the ones that you are to believe that you can put your full trust in them.

If you are not expecting life to have this possibility then you are not being realistic, so hopefully, you will be more prepared for the worst should it happen again.

You did really well. Proud of ya.
Sometimes you have to realise that it might not work out even though you really do want it too. It's sad but that's how it goes. Wish you the best and in sure you'll find another brilliant bf :smile:
Reply 8
cool

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending