What to do for A2 in regards to Architecture?

Watch
TheJekyll
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Studied Maths, Physics, History and Product Design for AS.
Will be taking Maths and Physics forward to A2 for definite, just unsure whether to drop History or Product Design.
Got a lower grade in History than I did in Product Design, however I will get more help in History to boost that grade, and will be easier as the exams I could retake in History are much easier than the exam I could retake in Product Design... so a bit unsure what to do.
Will Uni's favour Maths Physics History over Maths Physics Product Design, in regards to Architecture? Or do I need to do an art-based subject at A2?
Thanks.
hotliketea
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
i think you need an art based subject - you're going to have to submit a portfolio , and many unis are heavily art based so they'd prefer to see that art element

my boyfriend took maths , physis and art , and dropped DT (product design essentially) from AS.
HollieAMarie
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Drop History, as you will require the Art/Technology side for Architecture. This gives you a really strong A-Level combination!

Hope this helps!
clareyyyyyyy
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Yes, as people have said above, definitely stick with the product design! A lot of universities will ask for either Art or Design A levels, alongside a portfolio. Your product design coursework can form part of your portfolio, although it will need supplementing with drawings, paintings etc Don't worry - universities will give you guidance on putting together a portfolio!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (216)
43.99%
I'm worried that I'm not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (56)
11.41%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (36)
7.33%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as 'lesser' because I didn't take exams (103)
20.98%
I don't think that receiving these grades will impact my future (53)
10.79%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (27)
5.5%

Watched Threads