The Student Room Group

Possible to resit individual units?!?!?!HELP (Science AQA)

I did triple science, and noticed for example in physics, one poor unit performance took my grade down. Is it possible to pay and resit one unit? or do i have to do the whole course again?
Reply 2
Original post by Yousf
I did triple science, and noticed for example in physics, one poor unit performance took my grade down. Is it possible to pay and resit one unit? or do i have to do the whole course again?

You don't have to go to lessons but you can't re-sit just one unit. You can carry forward the controlled assessment mark and 'just' re-sit all the exams for a GCSE but your next opportunity is next summer and you will probably have more important things to do then.
Reply 3
Original post by Compost
You don't have to go to lessons but you can't re-sit just one unit. You can carry forward the controlled assessment mark and 'just' re-sit all the exams for a GCSE but your next opportunity is next summer and you will probably have more important things to do then.

Oh ok, damn i just wanted to resit one unit, not all of them.. For example in Physics(AQA), my ISA was fine, unit 1 exam was good, and unit 3 was good, but unit 2 was bad so i thought i could just redo the unit 2 next summer:s-smilie:
Reply 4
would i also be able to re-do just my ICT exam but keep my coursework marks?
Reply 5
Original post by Yousf
would i also be able to re-do just my ICT exam but keep my coursework marks?

If this is a GCSE, then yes.
Reply 6
Original post by Compost
If this is a GCSE, then yes.

Great! Just having to re-do all units for science is a let down seeing as we have no choice but at least we get to keep the ISA marks. Thanks

Quick Reply

Latest