Wanting to do accounting and finance at uni

Watch
This discussion is closed.
rubyamelia
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
I am hoping to do accounting and finance at uni, and was wondering if economics was necessary or not

So far I am definitely doing Maths and Chemistry at A-level but I'm stuck on the other two. I am thinking about English Lit and Economics, but will they be useful at uni?

All opinions are welcomed

Thank you
aliman65
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Hi, I am going to do accounting and finance this year myself. Some universities post a list of subjects they want or don't want if you try and find it.
Economics is helpful but not necessary, as you do study economics modules as part of the degree. However, not everyone will have studied it and they should start from scratch at university. Economics is a well liked subject by universities along with all your other options. Provided you get good grades the universities will really want you.
rubyamelia
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
(Original post by aliman65)
Hi, I am going to do accounting and finance this year myself. Some universities post a list of subjects they want or don't want if you try and find it.
Economics is helpful but not necessary, as you do study economics modules as part of the degree. However, not everyone will have studied it and they should start from scratch at university. Economics is a well liked subject by universities along with all your other options. Provided you get good grades the universities will really want you.
Okay, thank you

If you don't mind me asking, what a-levels did you take?
aliman65
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by rubyamelia)
Okay, thank you

If you don't mind me asking, what a-levels did you take?
Maths, economics, physics, biology + epq (AS) and chemistry (AS).
Jkizer
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
All you need is maths to have all options available to you

Economics is definitely not necessary
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What support do you need with your UCAS application?

I need help researching unis (5)
9.26%
I need help researching courses (5)
9.26%
I need help with filling out the application form (3)
5.56%
I need help with my personal statement (24)
44.44%
I need help with understanding how to make my application stand out (13)
24.07%
I need help with something else (let us know in the thread!) (1)
1.85%
I'm feeling confident about my application and don't need any help at the moment (3)
5.56%

Watched Threads