Perspective on East London Uni for an international student? Watch

Jtsmith1
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
I"m an international student from the States I am interested in applying to East London and two others (Bedfordshire uni and France's Essec). As I plan on moving/living in Europe after I graduate so I want to find our more about these schools. Especially East London. At my current school, both East London and Bedfordshire are both seen as prestigious/high regarded. Honestly I'm not sure if that's just because they're located in Europe or what. I hope to study business management. Out of the three how is East London perceived? Which is most prestigious? Highest job placement?
LoroPiana
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
IMO as a university I wouldn't consider Bedfordshire Uni or East London as highly regarded/prestigious. Now this may be different if your course at those institutions are highly ranked in league tables...
Being a UK citizen and current student at a London university, I hadn't even heard of Bedfordshire University till coming across your post.
I would humbly suggest Russell Group universities if you are looking for one that is renowned for academia.

As a general suggestion, look at Shanghai rankings/ QS world university rankings and you'll get an idea if it is even worth rating!
Bongo Bongo
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Jtsmith1)
I"m an international student from the States I am interested in applying to East London and two others (Bedfordshire uni and France's Essec). As I plan on moving/living in Europe after I graduate so I want to find our more about these schools. Especially East London. At my current school, both East London and Bedfordshire are both seen as prestigious/high regarded. Honestly I'm not sure if that's just because they're located in Europe or what. I hope to study business management. Out of the three how is East London perceived? Which is most prestigious? Highest job placement?
I have to say UEL is not prestigious in the uk. It probably has a good reputation in the states because UEL has links all around the world and has exchange programs with many universities. I will say though that the docklands campus is lovely and is a great place to study. I've just graduated from UEL and I would say that if your living on campus you'll have a great time.

Hope this helps.
jelly1000
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Jtsmith1)
I've never heard of Essec but the University of Bedfordshire and East London are considered two of the worst British unis - they are typically right at the bottom of league tables.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year

How are you feeling about GCSE Results Day?

Hopeful (220)
12.45%
Excited (166)
9.39%
Worried (308)
17.43%
Terrified (389)
22.01%
Meh (184)
10.41%
Confused (39)
2.21%