The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

Anthropology 2014 - modules from other departments

I'm currently a wee bit anxious about the lack of Anthrop. freshers making themselves known in these threads :s but I'm sure some of you are out there!

I'll be doing BSc Anthropology come this October, and I was curious as to what people have chosen for their modules from the other departments (in addition to the 4 modules provided by the Anthrop. department). I'm finding it quite difficult as most of my ideal combinations are subject to loads of "possible clashes" :frown:
Reply 1
Most yellow clashes can be worked around as there are multiple times to take practicals, seminars or the like.
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Reply 2
Hi :smile:

I'll be studying BA Anthropology in September - it's nice to find another Anth student! :P
I'm struggling with module choices as well - I think I would like to do beginner Spanish for one of my modules but I am not sure about the other one.
Which modules are you thinking of doing, and do we have to decide before we arrive?
Reply 3
Original post by xMadabix
Hi :smile:

I'll be studying BA Anthropology in September - it's nice to find another Anth student! :P
I'm struggling with module choices as well - I think I would like to do beginner Spanish for one of my modules but I am not sure about the other one.
Which modules are you thinking of doing, and do we have to decide before we arrive?

Hey there! Well, I'm thinking of definitely going for Discovering World Prehistory (ARCH) and a language module as well - it's a toss up between French (preferred choice) or Russian Stage 1 at the moment. However, the number of clashes appear to be considerably less with Russian than with French, so :frown: I might have to go for Russian for convenience's sake.

And according to the Module Registration section on the Durham website, we have til the end of Induction week to choose, so plenty of time yet :smile: but they advise you to put down modules provisionally.
Reply 4
Original post by star999
Most yellow clashes can be worked around as there are multiple times to take practicals, seminars or the like.

Oh I see, thank you! Should we notify the departments of the clashes though? Or would it be best to just discuss it all with them upon arrival?
Hey!

So glad to see more Anthropology students! I'll be studying BSc Health and Human Sciences (which is under the same department if you're unsure) So I do have some modules with you all.

As far as I know, I have 4 compulsory modules and with the addition of 2 optional ones. So I'm thinking of doing History and Theory of Medicine (PHIL) and Spanish (advanced).
Although I've been thinking of maybe a psychology module, but I fear it'll be too much to handle.

I also have some possible clashes in yellow but I emailed the department and asked them about these clashes. Just in case :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest