The Student Room Group

Chemistry a level urgent

Hey guys, I really need some good advice. Basically for my maths gcse I got a grade C and for my chemistry gcse I got a grade B. I am aware that chemistry a level includes maths, do you think the a level honestly is suitable for me with a grade c from my maths gcse. Also how many a levels do I need 3 or 4 that most universities want
Thanks
Original post by Mango_97
Hey guys, I really need some good advice. Basically for my maths gcse I got a grade C and for my chemistry gcse I got a grade B. I am aware that chemistry a level includes maths, do you think the a level honestly is suitable for me with a grade c from my maths gcse. Also how many a levels do I need 3 or 4 that most universities want
Thanks

There isn't too much maths in chemistry (nothing compared to physics) as long as you learn how to use the formulas (practice A LOT),use a calculator and convert units you are set.

Some Sixth Forms do not allow you to do chemistry without a B in Maths though.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by Mango_97
Thanks

It depends on what you want to do at university but most want 4AS and 3A levels. However I wouldn't advise you to do chemistry, in my college you had to have an A in GCSE Chem and B in GCSE maths to get onto the A Level Chem course, so that just indicates how proficient you need to be in these subjects. This however is only my opinion and my particular colleges requirements :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest