Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    i was about to send my student loan form off yesterday but then found that i'd lost my birth certificate. anyway, i went down to the registrars office this morning to get a replacement and they couldn't find my details anywhere on any of the records. they searched for my name on all of the records for the area just in case it'd been incorrectly filed under a different date, but still nothing. Basically they insinuated their records were infallible (yeah right :rolleyes: ) and that i must not have been born under my name! of course i'm not adopted (i've seen pictures of me in the hospital with my mum, and of course i had a birth certificate to start off with that i lost).

the people at the registrars office said i should talk to my parents and check to see if they have changed my name since i was born! i was basically treated like they thought i was adopted, but i assured them i wasn't and i still got the same response (talk to your parents to see if you're birth certificate could have been filed in a different area or under a different name). when i talked to my mum and dad about it tonight they told me the registrars office must have misplaced my details or they must have been deleted by accident and i should go back on monday and have another word with them!

to be honest the whole of this is freaking me out. am i adopted and my parents are lying to me? (i very much doubt this but this whole mess is making me increasingly paranoid), did someone deliberately delete my file to erase my existence?! (i know it sounds like a spy thriller, but it is possible), or is it just the registrar of births and deaths who erased my existence by accident? :eek:

ReputationRep:
    OMG, :eek: that is soo awful..I would've died there and then.....and made their job easier.. :eek: What are you going to do?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by VoodooDoll)
    uh oh spaghetti-ohs.

didnt this happen to someone on a film? then she got hunted down and killed or something?

and no one could do anything because the police were like 'who are you talking about?'.

that sucks.

you could just send your passport?

ReputationRep:
    i was about to send...
    go to the registrars office on monday and give them a piece of your mind

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kikzen)
    uh oh spaghetti-ohs.

didnt this happen to someone on a film? then she got hunted down and killed or something?
    thanks for that reassuring comment if i disappear from UKL without notice i guess you'll know whats happened to me :eek:

ReputationRep:
    thats awful! :eek: my school did something like that when i filled in my GCSE forms, they got them wrong and so my name wasnt filed for the e><am!!

ReputationRep:
    thanks for that reassuring comment if i disappear from UKL without notice i guess you'll know whats happened to me :eek:
    hehe no seriously tho, after talking with yer folks, get yer passport and NI card and things, and go down t'registry office!

ReputationRep:
    :eek:

Get your mum or dad to go down with you, get them to take ID and you take whatever ID you have and tell them to do their job and find your name....then when they do make them apologise for being very rude and insensative

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kikzen)
    hehe no seriously tho, after talking with yer folks, get yer passport and NI card and things, and go down t'registry office!
    lol, looks like i'm gonna have to fight to prove that i exist!

ReputationRep:
    lol, looks like i'm gonna have to fight to prove that i exist!
    fight, for you right, to party!! (and exsist)

ReputationRep:
    ever read the wasp factory? you dont think your parents were hiding you from the government dfo you? (joke)
    take your passport, as that shows you mustve once had a birth certificate.

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.