OCR GCSE Latin Set Texts

Watch this thread
_cryinglightning
Badges: 1
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
Hello
I am studying OCR GCSE Latin and will sit it in June 2015. I wanted to start looking at the set texts, as I have heard it is best to learn the texts in advance. However my teacher has not told us what the texts are or where we can get copies of the texts. The OCR website says the texts are Extracts from the section entitled 'Land and sea' in OCR Latin Anthology for GCSE and Selections from Virgil Aeneid 9: Nisus and Euryalus.

Where can I find these texts with an Latin to English translation? Has anyone started looking at the texts?

Thank you!
MsTyrell
Badges: 6
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 7 years ago
Hi! I sat my Latin exams in June 2014 and came out with A*s. I wouldn't start looking at your set texts just yet. It's best to have your teacher guide you through them. Basically, it's a huge memory test. You can't start revision months in advance because you just won't remember them. Most people in my school revised about a week before each exam. I revised for each the night before.

If anything, I'd suggest brushing up on your Latin language. If you're focusing on literature set texts, your language grades can plummet. I went from an A in language to a D by Christmas 2013 and had to work really hard to get my grades back up.

If you'd still like to look at the set texts, try looking on the Cambridge Latin website. That's where I used to find mine.

Good luck next year!
_cryinglightning
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
Thanks for the reply!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Has advance information helped during your exams?

Yes (67)
66.34%
No (26)
25.74%
I didn't use it to prepare (8)
7.92%

Watched Threads