What's up with printers!!! Watch

This discussion is closed.
zazy
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 14 years ago
I was typing a table up for my coursework and wrote additional readings are highlighted in grey and what happens?It is printed out in an awful peachy colour..
Do you have problems with your printers....
jyuk
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I think i had a similar problem before. Your probably running out of ink, or just one of the ink cartridges are.
zazy
Rep:
?
(Original post by jyuk)
I think i had a similar problem before. Your probably running out of ink, or one of the ink cartridges.
My ink cartridges are quite full...fitted them in last week...
cobra
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
What about cleaning the ink cartridge
zazy
Rep:
?
(Original post by cobra01977)
What about cleaning the ink cartridge
Even done that...checked the nozzles and cleaned them..
What am i going to say to my bio teacher?
jyuk
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by zazy)
Even done that...checked the nozzles and cleaned them..
What am i going to say to my bio teacher?
Say your printer is not working properly, can't do anything about it.
unistudnet
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Are you sure you're using the correct printer driver? Other than that it could be the physical head on the cartridge that is faulty. I've had this before.

Do you have a dual cartridge printer? if so make sure you are using a black ink cartridge as well as the colour one.
jyuk
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Or maybe it's your colour settings.
jyuk
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by unistudnet)
Are you sure you're using the correct printer driver? Other than that it could be the physical head on the cartridge that is faulty. I've had this before.

Do you have a dual cartridge printer? if so make sure you are using a black ink cartridge as well as the colour one.
I doubt the printer would work with the wrong driver.
zazy
Rep:
?

I think it's my stupid dad to blame...because when we first bought it, the eget didn't take the time to read the manual and instead of presing the third button dragged it along... :eek: I ate his head in for that..HE has to buy a new one
unistudnet
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by zazy)
I think it's my stupid dad to blame...because when we first bought it, the eget didn't take the time to read the manual and instead of presing the third button dragged it along... :eek: I ate his head in for that..HE has to buy a new one
Some times it works out cheaper to buy a new printer than the cartridges anyway. I bought my mums printer from Morgan computer for £30, it came with a colour and b/w cartridge (both HP) the cartridges serperatly would be more.
zazy
Rep:
?
Some times it works out cheaper to buy a new printer than the cartridges anyway. I bought my mums printer from Morgan computer for £30, it came with a colour and b/w cartridge (both HP) the cartridges serperatly would be more.
Do you think cheaper cartridges could've done that?
I have an Epson stylus c60(think)
which brand would you recommend?
jyuk
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Yeh, i got an epson cx5200, 4 cartridges, the proper epson pack costs £50, but they are really high quality inks. But i got cheap imitation ones, which are noticebly not as good.
unistudnet
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by zazy)
Do you think cheaper cartridges could've done that?
I have an Epson stylus c60(think)
which brand would you recommend?
They do say cheaper generic cartridges can damage the print heads but I am not too convinced. You would be quite unlucky if thats the case. Was the cartridges brand new or a refill?

I have had problems like this with refilled cartridges in the past. I only buy genuine ones now.

If you want a cheap printer the best place is to look at
www.morgancomputers.co.uk

its about as cheap as it gets. However I have a feeling it may be your cartridge.
jyuk
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Have you checked your colour settings?
GH
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
A second hand laser printer comes out cheaper for printing things. About 0.003p/page for b&w. For colour it is around 0.009p/page
jyuk
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by 2776)
A second hand laser printer comes out cheaper for printing things. About 0.003p/page for b&w. For colour it is around 0.009p/page
Cool. But they aren't that high resolution though are they?
unistudnet
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by 2776)
Yeah but thats only any use for black and white as colour is stoll expensive for laser. It would be ideal though if she didn't mind a big old printer and all the dust it makes. It would be quite hazerdous to have a laser printer in a small bedroom for example.

My parents use one to print leaflets out and its dosn't half smell.
zazy
Rep:
?
They do say cheaper generic cartridges can damage the print heads but I am not too convinced. You would be quite unlucky if thats the case. Was the cartridges brand new or a refill?

I have had problems like this with refilled cartridges in the past. I only buy genuine ones now.

If you want a cheap printer the best place is to look at
www.morgancomputers.co.uk

its about as cheap as it gets. However I have a feeling it may be your cartridge.
the cartridges are brand new...forgot the brand....
GH
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Yeah but thats only any use for black and white as colour is stoll expensive for laser. It would be ideal though if she didn't mind a big old printer and all the dust it makes. It would be quite hazerdous to have a laser printer in a small bedroom for example.

My parents use one to print leaflets out and its dosn't half smell.
Hmm, last time I checked a decent colour laser printer was about £300, but off ebay it will be about £100.

Tis true that its resolution mught be a tad bad, but you only need it for a few graphs etc, not for photo printing.

Saying that, I have a b&w laser printer in my room as I speak, and it is not dangerous. If you don't mind the occasional ozone smell.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Who is most responsible for your success at university

Mostly me (763)
90.4%
Mostly my university including my lecturers/tutors (81)
9.6%

Watched Threads