The Student Room Group

Henrietta barnett or st olaves?!

Dilemma guys! I got accepted into St Olaves and Henrietta Barnett Sixth Forms and they're both equally amazing schools (in the top 10 in the country) but I have no idea which one to go for. Help?!

Scroll to see replies

How is that possible, isn't St Olaves a boys school and Henrietta's a girls school?
Reply 2
Sorry OP, I'm unable to help, but I know another user is going to St Olaves and she might be able to help :smile:

Magnesium
x

Original post by Blaze3211
How is that possible, isn't St Olaves a boys school and Henrietta's a girls school?

St Olaves has a mixed sixth form :smile:
Original post by amymylinhle
Dilemma guys! I got accepted into St Olaves and Henrietta Barnett Sixth Forms and they're both equally amazing schools (in the top 10 in the country) but I have no idea which one to go for. Help?!

Which one's further from you? :smile:
I go to St Olave's and it's amazing albeit known for being quite pushy haha.
Did you enrol today?
If you prefer an all girls environment, I'd say go for Henrietta Barnett. If you wouldn't mind a mixed environment and it isn't too far from you either, I'd go to Olave's. They both have their own pros :tongue:
Reply 4
Original post by Magnesium
Which one's further from you? :smile:
I go to St Olave's and it's amazing albeit known for being quite pushy haha.
Did you enrol today?
If you prefer an all girls environment, I'd say go for Henrietta Barnett. If you wouldn't mind a mixed environment and it isn't too far from you either, I'd go to Olave's. They both have their own pros :tongue:

strangely they're both an 1hr and 4 mins away and st olaves called me up today but by then i was already accepted into henrietta barnett. It's extremely short notice tbh cos first day is tomorrow and I don't have any smart clothing even if i went. are you taking 4 or 5 a levels? I just want to do chemistry, physics, maths and further maths but st olaves do them together dont they?
strangely they're both an 1hr and 4 mins away and st olaves called me up today but by then i was already accepted into henrietta barnett. It's extremely short notice tbh cos first day is tomorrow and I don't have any smart clothing even if i went. are you taking 4 or 5 a levels? I just want to do chemistry, physics, maths and further maths but st olaves do them together dont they?

I'm doing 6 hopefully if i get onto critical thinking :smile:
If I were you, I'd go for Henrietta Barnett though because it's higher up in the league tables (i think) :smile: and i'd prefer the girls environment :tongue:
Have you rejected Olave's already then?
Reply 6
I did and I'm at Henrietta Barnett now but I really miss my old school and I've been wanting to go back and the library and study rooms at HB are really underwhelming and disappointing. Hopefully it gets better :frown:(
Reply 7
I did and I'm at Henrietta Barnett now but I really miss my old school and I've been wanting to go back and the library and study rooms at HB are really underwhelming and disappointing. Hopefully it gets better :frown:(

Where were you before?

Hey, I'd say go for Henrietta Barnett - I don't know about St Olaves, but Henrietta Barnett is way higher up on the league tables (its in the top three state schools) and I think it's probably more 'well-known'. Can't say anything about the teachers and school itself though, never been. Good luck :smile:
Reply 9
Original post by Clip
Where were you before?

St Saviours and St Olaves, why?
Reply 10
St Saviours and St Olaves, why?

No reason, wondering where you had been before that HB was disappointing. In case it was NLCS or something.
Original post by Clip
No reason, wondering where you had been before that HB was disappointing. In case it was NLCS or something.

Whats NCLS? I should probably wait for a bit to see if I adjust
Reply 12
Whats NCLS? I should probably wait for a bit to see if I adjust

It's an absurd school about 4 miles from HB with every facility you can imagine. They claim to be the best school in the entire world, but I have my doubts.

See how it goes. If it's not a crazy journey for you might as well stay - it's undoubtedly a very good school, if a little boring.
Original post by Clip
It's an absurd school about 4 miles from HB with every facility you can imagine. They claim to be the best school in the entire world, but I have my doubts.

See how it goes. If it's not a crazy journey for you might as well stay - it's undoubtedly a very good school, if a little boring.

I have to get on the tube for an hour and the total journey time is an hour and a half :frown:
I don't know about HB but I live near St Olave's and most people I know who went there are insufferable *****...get good results though.
Reply 15
I have to get on the tube for an hour and the total journey time is an hour and a half :frown:

This isn't your fault, but it's because people do things like this that people who live in Barnet can't go to HB unless they're outrageously top dog on the 11+.
Reply 16
Original post by infairverona
I don't know about HB but I live near St Olave's and most people I know who went there are insufferable *****...get good results though.

HB girls are either Chinese girls with glasses and violins or people who could have gone to NLCS or Habs, but their parents saw an opportunity to save a hundred grand.
Reply 17
Hey I'm in year 11, hoping to change school for sixth form, I have no idea which school to get into, I wanted To know how do schools select you ? Is it based on your predicted grades ? If so are your predicted grade based on your mocks or something else ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
im in Hbs and as a year 11 I would recommend going to Hbs if you're looking for a very relaxed environment. there is hardly a dress code u could literally walk in wearing pjs and no one would care. the students have very friendly relationships with teachers. also because our school is so tiny, the class sizes are very small (especially for non- bcm subjects). all the girls are so sweet in sixth form there's a lot of bonding with younger years and I would say year 12 is the best year in the school.

Im in year 12 at hbs now. Do you still regret going bc im thinking of going woodhouse bc the teaching isnt great at hbs. Im doing bio chem math and geography.

Quick Reply

Latest