Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Me and my friends sometimes have little soirees and gatherings, often fancy dress. We're having one a week Sunday, and the theme is Drag and Decadance. I was thinking going either as a 1930s upper class socialite (think Bright Young Things...), or as a 1920s flapper girl (as in girls who went out, smoked and drank in public without, shock horror, male supervision).

Does anyone know much about the fashions of this time, and/or any ways I can get a good costume on a budget?

ReputationRep:
    I have it on good authority that by going as a Page 3 model you will be the centre of attention. All the better if there is a 1st prize ;0)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by piginapoke)
    Bugger the theme, its every woman's duty to go to a fancy dress party dressed as either a french maid or a nurse

Hmmm.. I could go as a male nurse. That's drag..

Last time I went as the statue of liberty. I was caked in green foundation all evening.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by risk-is-good)
    I have it on good authority that by going as a Page 3 model you will be the centre of attention. All the better if there is a 1st prize ;0)

Could work, if it wasn't all girls there...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by piginapoke)
    Actually - 1930's gangster bloke, kind of covers both. All you need is a pinstripe suit, trilby, and a drawn-on moustache.
    Yeah, I flirted with the suit idea, but I wouldn't have access to one, not cheaply anyway. Dad isn't really a suit person..

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.