This discussion is closed.
dogtanian
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
Me and my friends sometimes have little soirees and gatherings, often fancy dress. We're having one a week Sunday, and the theme is Drag and Decadance. I was thinking going either as a 1930s upper class socialite (think Bright Young Things...), or as a 1920s flapper girl (as in girls who went out, smoked and drank in public without, shock horror, male supervision).

Does anyone know much about the fashions of this time, and/or any ways I can get a good costume on a budget?
risk-is-good
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I have it on good authority that by going as a Page 3 model you will be the centre of attention. All the better if there is a 1st prize ;0)
dogtanian
Rep:
?
(Original post by piginapoke)
Bugger the theme, its every woman's duty to go to a fancy dress party dressed as either a french maid or a nurse

Hmmm.. I could go as a male nurse. That's drag..

Last time I went as the statue of liberty. I was caked in green foundation all evening.
dogtanian
Rep:
?
(Original post by risk-is-good)
I have it on good authority that by going as a Page 3 model you will be the centre of attention. All the better if there is a 1st prize ;0)

Could work, if it wasn't all girls there...
dogtanian
Rep:
?
(Original post by piginapoke)
Actually - 1930's gangster bloke, kind of covers both. All you need is a pinstripe suit, trilby, and a drawn-on moustache.
Yeah, I flirted with the suit idea, but I wouldn't have access to one, not cheaply anyway. Dad isn't really a suit person..
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made your firm and insurance uni choices yet?

Yes (115)
54.76%
Yes, but I want to swap them (16)
7.62%
No, but I know who I want to choose (19)
9.05%
No, I still don't know who I want to choose (50)
23.81%
I have decided I don't want to go to uni anymore and will not be choosing (10)
4.76%

Watched Threads