Turn on thread page Beta

What's your skin care routine? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Erm, morning routine: Wash skin with Cetaphil Cleansing Lotion for sensitive skin, apply aloe vera gel and occasionally apply Bio Oil. Night time routine: Wash skin with Cetaphil Cleansing Lotion for sensitive skin, apply aloe vera gel and apply avocado oil (unrefined and cold pressed). This about it. I exfoliate when I remember to.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tyrion_Lannister)
    I don't think looks are necessarily for other people anyway, but even if they are,k would you not want to look good for your partner?

Yes, but my definition of looking good implies looking the actual age that I actually am.

Conflating looking young with looking good suggests some level of inadequacy about your age. That's your personal issue. Be happy with who you are.

ReputationRep:
    Simple face wash, simple moisturiser in the morning then repeat after using make up removal wipes in the night

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cole-slaw)
    Yes, but my definition of looking good implies looking the actual age that I actually am.

Conflating looking young with looking good suggests some level of inadequacy about your age. That's your personal issue. Be happy with who you are.
    What? Looking old even if you are old is bad. There's a reason why most people agree with me.

It's not inadequacy, it's fact. Looking old does not look as good

ReputationRep:
    Because old looking skin looks bad.

I don't wish to look younger than 20 however I don't want old looking skin because it's ugly, lets be honest
    I don't find it ugly. I think you find it ugly because subconciously you're afraid of getting old and dying.

ReputationRep:
    I don't find it ugly. I think you find it ugly because subconciously you're afraid of getting old and dying.
    Not really. I know that looking young doesn't mean being young.

I just don't think it looks very nice.

ReputationRep:
    No it looks ugly.

Doubt it, young looking skin just looks better. I don't understand why you would not look after your skin
    I do look after my skin. I wash it daily and I wear suncream in the summer. Anything more than that is unnecessary.

I guarantee when we are both 70 I will have healthier skin than you because I haven't been covering mine in chemicals every day.

ReputationRep:
    What? Looking old even if you are old is bad.

wtf.

I like you Tyrone, but girl you got issues.

ReputationRep:
    I do look after my skin. I wash it daily and I wear suncream in the summer. Anything more than that is unnecessary.

I guarantee when we are both 70 I will have healthier skin than you because I haven't been covering mine in chemicals every day.
    That's not looking after it.

Lol, doubt it. Makeup doesn't damage skin for one that's a myth, and two I'm very particular about skincare.

ReputationRep:
    wtf.

I like you Tyrone, but girl you got issues.
    I like you too, how have I? Because I don't think looking old looks good?

ReputationRep:
    I like you too, how have I? Because I don't think looking old looks good?
    yes. There is no logical reason to believe that. But I'm not going to argue about it. I think you're a little bit crazy.

ReputationRep:
    yes. There is no logical reason to believe that. But I'm not going to argue about it. I think you're a little bit crazy.
    There is a logical reason to believe it, when you think of an attractive woman do you think of a young woman or an elderly one? If you say elderly one, you're an OAPedo

ReputationRep:
    There is a logical reason to believe it, when you think of an attractive woman do you think of a young woman or an elderly one? If you say elderly one, you're an OAPedo

I think of one the same age as me. When I was 14 I liked other 14 year olds, when I was 20 I liked other 20 year olds, and when I am 60 I will like other 60 year olds with wrinkly skin and saggy bits and all the trimmings.

I think this is normal and natural.

ReputationRep:
    I take a shower.

ReputationRep:
    The older (/more mature) you get, the less worried you are about people finding you attractive anyway.

My skin routine is this:

When I take a shower, I wash my face with soap.

The end.

ReputationRep:
    I think of one the same age as me. When I was 14 I liked other 14 year olds, when I was 20 I liked other 20 year olds, and when I am 60 I will like other 60 year olds with wrinkly skin and saggy bits and all the trimmings.

I think this is normal and natural.
    I dunno I've consistently found 20/30/40 year olds attractive

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by karmacrunch)
    I know but... :eek: I didn't think that some guys would this... dedicated to skincare? Annoyed now?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    He copied it from a film
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    (Original post by Ndella)
    He copied it from a film
    Thanks! I know now, he showed me the clip.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SammyHam)
    My old routine was Clarin's cleanser for oily to combination skin, then Liz Earle toner, then Clarin's eye cream. I'll also use Clarin's moisturiser if my skin is having a dry day, but it's usually not.
    However my routine has now gone to pot because I decided to stop using products that are tested on animals, so at the moment I'm just using Superdrug own brand for everything. '-.- need to find some good brands that don't test on animals. If I remember correctly, Liz Earle don't test on animals, but I need to do a bit more research into it.
    Clarins test on animals Nooooooo. Well, goodbye Clarins and good riddance!

Really need to do my research on these things!

ReputationRep:
    Wash 2/3 times daily with Clean & Clear face wash. As well as that I will wipe my face once or twice in between then. (I have VERY oily skin)
    Take 408mg Lymecycline (capsule) in the morning. (prescribed)
    Scrub with St Ives apricot scrub every other day.
    If I have particularly bad spots (The ones where you're scared to wake up the next day in case you've grown a second nose - currently growing nose number 2 in the centre of my forehead), I'll wipe them with Clean & Clear deep cleansing lotion.
    Still have acne.

Only 1 week of Lymecycline left, then I'm going to wait a while and see what happens (I have been taking it for coming up to 2 years now) Have had topical treatments prescribed as well but they didn't do anything either.
    No moisturizing because it just aggravates it and makes it worse. I've tried pretty much everything. I even drank 3 tbsp of apple cider vinegar/day for a few weeks to see if that made a difference...

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.