The Student Room Group

Stay at uni halls or home?

I am going to start studying at uni from the end of september and have been offered halls but am unsure on what to do. I have two options either to stay at halls or home, i only live between an hour and hour 20 minuets from the uni and will be working part time. I am going to join the womans football team as well.

The uni halls will cost £5,400 for 37 weeks an my halls include food meals so i dont not have to by food but would still need to pay for travel to work, but if i travel from home to the uni it will cost £1,700 and my travel would also include travel to work.

The days i will be at the uni will be mondays football training 17:00-18:30, tuesday lessons 9-17:00 ish, wedensday are football matches so it depends on who we are playing, thursday lessons 9-17:00 ish. on the days off such as monday mornings, friday and satuday i will be working in diffrent primary schools coaching such as areas like tottenham, eastcote and stanmore.

i have asked for people opions on weither to stay at home or uni halls and have recieved mixed messages and want to keep asking people to know what they did and how they felt about it.

PLEASE HELP
Reply 1
Financially the obvious decision is to stay at home.

If you're going to join the women's football team you've got your social life sorted. You'll also meet people on your course.

I don't think staying at home would be a bad choice in your circumstances! It seems rationale.

As a university drop out, I found living in halls to be my favourite part of my uni experience. I enjoyed the independence and social-living. But it's not everyone's cup of tea!

Do take your social life into consideration, it won't be easy or fun to travel over an hour after a night out at 3am in the morning. Hopefully you'll make friends on the footie team who will let you kip at there place or something.

Have fun and good luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending