OCR resit results. Do they show you your mark if you have done worse?

Watch
cmh95
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
I got my A-level results this year and a resit I took in OCR Physics A isn't on my results sheet. I was wondering if this meant I had done worse in my resit or if for some reason my paper was never entered? Has anyone done a resit with OCR, done worse and still had the mark on their results sheet?

Thanks
Compost
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by cmh95)
I got my A-level results this year and a resit I took in OCR Physics A isn't on my results sheet. I was wondering if this meant I had done worse in my resit or if for some reason my paper was never entered? Has anyone done a resit with OCR, done worse and still had the mark on their results sheet?
It should be on the results sheet as a unit. If it also shows the units combining to make the overall grade then the previous attempt will show there.
cmh95
Rep:
?
(Original post by Compost)
It should be on the results sheet as a unit. If it also shows the units combining to make the overall grade then the previous attempt will show there.

Hmmm that's weird... I'm guessing that means they lost my paper or something?
Compost
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by cmh95)
Hmmm that's weird... I'm guessing that means they lost my paper or something?
Never seen it happen myself - ask your exams officer.
Exodecai
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
My results weren't on my given results sheet. My college apparently kept the resit results off the results sheets of students obtaining grades for full A-levels. Apparently I had to go to teachers for my resit marks but I forgot. I still don't know my score for my F211 resit.
cmh95
Rep:
?
(Original post by Compost)
Never seen it happen myself - ask your exams officer.

Will do, thanks for your help.
cmh95
Rep:
?
(Original post by Exodecai)
My results weren't on my given results sheet. My college apparently kept the resit results off the results sheets of students obtaining grades for full A-levels. Apparently I had to go to teachers for my resit marks but I forgot. I still don't know my score for my F211 resit.
Maybe that's what my school has done. Seems like an odd thing to do though. Was that for all resit marks then or just ones where you have done worse?
Exodecai
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by cmh95)
Maybe that's what my school has done. Seems like an odd thing to do though. Was that for all resit marks then or just ones where you have done worse?
Nah, they kept all of them off.
I improved on Mech 1 by 20 UMS and it wasn't on there, so you'll only find out if you email the department or Exams Officer.

I admit, it's very strange, but maybe they were trying to keep things simpler, and failed.
cmh95
Rep:
?
(Original post by Exodecai)
Nah, they kept all of them off.
I improved on Mech 1 by 20 UMS and it wasn't on there, so you'll only find out if you email the department or Exams Officer.

I admit, it's very strange, but maybe they were trying to keep things simpler, and failed.
That's schools for you I will get in touch when they are back, thank you!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (6)
33.33%
I'm not sure (0)
0%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (5)
27.78%
I have already dropped out (1)
5.56%
I'm not a current university student (6)
33.33%

Watched Threads