The Student Room Group

How to get A/A* on Edexcel GCSE English Language controlled assessement?

Title says it all.
Reply 1
I got A* on few of these controlled assessments last year and I can tell you one thing: don't go into the class without being prepared.
Write out the whole controlled assessment at home on a computer and then learn it off by heart. It's much easier to edit things as you go and look for some sophisticated language in the internet if you do it at home.
Reply 2
I guess the person above is right, even though it is a controlled assessment and you're not technically allowed by law to do any preparation at home...no one can stop you.

Even for other languages like Spanish or French (writing exams) many people just memorise their work. It's more a question of your morals and your level of memory.

If not memorise the whole thing, try and memorise quotes or certain analysis that will make the writing a lot easier for you.
I wrote my controlled assessment at home and just brought it to class and copied it out :colone: Worked everytime hehehe
Reply 4
Original post by Angelo12231
I wrote my controlled assessment at home and just brought it to class and copied it out :colone: Worked everytime hehehe

You gotta be quiet though, it's easy to get caught.
Original post by frostyy
You gotta be quiet though, it's easy to get caught.

Yes you do, I had many papers on my desk so it was easy to disguise

Quick Reply

Latest