BoltNation
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
Hey guys,
So I need to apply for a 16-18 oyster, and I thought that you needed to get a stamp from your school to prove you're still in full time education. However, I've spoken to a couple of people and they've already applied without getting any stamp. I'm confused - do you need one or not?

Thanks!
Darab_1496
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Yeah you do

Posted from TSR Mobile
DebkoX
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Um. I phoned up TFL and was told you no longer need it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
ToLiveInADream
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I'm so annoyed about this too! Post office said you did when I tried to send mine off :/
BoltNation
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
Mine were sent off without it with no problem :x
Darab_1496
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
You can apply online and then you print off a sheet with a barcode on it, your school signs and stamps it
Then you just give it into the post office with a tenner
Doesn't take too long

Posted from TSR Mobile
JVD
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Wrong section? And I've got a 16-25 railcard and an Oyster Card with the 16-25 railcard discount (34%) on it... I just had to apply at a tube station for my Oyster card, and show my rail card.
msd123
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Where is the link to download the form I cant seem to find? Thanks
Coombsy
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by 0mgJohn)
Wrong section? And I've got a 16-25 railcard and an Oyster Card with the 16-25 railcard discount (34%) on it... I just had to apply at a tube station for my Oyster card, and show my rail card.
Hey, I've get a 16-25 railcard too so should I just get the standard Oyster card as I can already get the discount? This therefoe means I don't need to get the student Oyster card as it won't benefit me? Thanks
JVD
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Coombsy)
Hey, I've get a 16-25 railcard too so should I just get the standard Oyster card as I can already get the discount? This therefoe means I don't need to get the student Oyster card as it won't benefit me? Thanks
Yeah, get the standard Oyster card, and tell them when you're getting it that you also have the 16-25 railcard.
Coombsy
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Yeah, get the standard Oyster card, and tell them when you're getting it that you also have the 16-25 railcard.
I'll do that! Thanks
ToLiveInADream
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I went to the Post Office again after the first time where they said I needed a stamp and they sent it off with no problem. You don't need a stamp any more and mine took like 3 days to come! Great
yellowcopter
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by BoltNation)
Hey guys,
So I need to apply for a 16-18 oyster, and I thought that you needed to get a stamp from your school to prove you're still in full time education. However, I've spoken to a couple of people and they've already applied without getting any stamp. I'm confused - do you need one or not?

Thanks!
You needed it before but you no longer need it now - since it's the law that all aged 16+ must be in full time education until the age of 18 they don't require the proof anymore.
scrawlx101
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Cool,hope get mine after next week..
Coombsy
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Sory, me again. In order to link up your Oyster card with your Railcard did you apply for your Oyster online or by other means? Thanks.
JVD
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Coombsy)
Sory, me again. In order to link up your Oyster card with your Railcard did you apply for your Oyster online or by other means? Thanks.
No worries! And I actually just went to a tube station office (I don't live in London, but visit regularly) and presented my railcard and had to fill out a simple form. I didn't do anything online because it was a bit tricky with me wanting to have the discount, so I just did it all on the day. It took about 10 minutes
Coombsy
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
No worries! And I actually just went to a tube station office (I don't live in London, but visit regularly) and presented my railcard and had to fill out a simple form. I didn't do anything online because it was a bit tricky with me wanting to have the discount, so I just did it all on the day. It took about 10 minutes
Great; I'll do that too then. Thanks again
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What support do you need with your UCAS application?

I need help researching unis (13)
14.29%
I need help researching courses (7)
7.69%
I need help with filling out the application form (6)
6.59%
I need help with my personal statement (36)
39.56%
I need help with understanding how to make my application stand out (23)
25.27%
I need help with something else (let us know in the thread!) (2)
2.2%
I'm feeling confident about my application and don't need any help at the moment (4)
4.4%

Watched Threads