The Student Room Group

Does your heartbeat keep you awake when trying to sleep?

Scroll to see replies

"Palpitation" - if a name for it helps...

If you're worried go & see your GP & they might ask some cardiac system type questions/do some easy tests.
Reply 21
a nice simple answer to your question - no!

but i can understand why it might for you. i duno what to advise! just find a position where you cant feel it. lol sorry cant do any better.
Reply 22
You're putting more pressure on your heart when you're sleeping on your left side as if you were on your right. Causing the heart to pump harder the harder you pump the more you hear.
I have it!😂 I’m gonna try and sleep on my right now
Hi, I have this exact problem, so much so that I have not slept on my left side in years, I can only sleep on my right side and occasionally on my back. I have not found a solution as of yet but I’m open minded. I’d love to be able to sleep on my left side again without any problems.
Reply 25
Interesting that nobody still posted a solution to this, I have the same thing sometimes louder sometimes I don't have it. Taking Magnesium pill before bed helps not to hear heartbeats.
Reply 26
you shouldn't be able to her your flippin heartbeat when you're trying to go to sleep unless you're some sort of super hero with superhuman senses.....
Reply 27
I have this disturbing my sleep every night since Open Heart surgery. Thump thump, why is this after effect never mentioned pre op? I’ve tried every position the best being sitting up in bed!

Quick Reply