Tj789
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
English lit, History, Sociology and Psychology?

I already have RE as level (grade B)
Alex347_
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Drop one of Sociology or Psychology at A2. Do not drop English Lit or History, and they are fine.
CookieInOrange
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Yeah, they're fine but you should probably drop either psychology or sociology after AS. Psychology has a better reputation but if you like sociology more then nobody will mind if you continue with it, what with you having history and English lit too. Also depends a little on uni course (if applicable).

It should be possible, unless you end up failing history or English for whatever reason. You could end up in a bad position if you do.
Tj789
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
(Original post by CookieInOrange)
Yeah, they're fine but you should probably drop either psychology or sociology after AS. Psychology has a better reputation but if you like sociology more then nobody will mind if you continue with it, what with you having history and English lit too. Also depends a little on uni course (if applicable).

It should be possible, unless you end up failing history or English for whatever reason. You could end up in a bad position if you do.
Do you think instead of Psychology I should do Biology then that way if I do flop at History or English or even Biology I have at least two respectable a levels when it comes to applying at uni?
Planckton
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Depends what you want to do at uni
edit: and where
nicatre
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
1. Do what ever interests you
2. If you know what you'd like to do next and which A Levels that you'd enjoy would suit that most then do them.

That's all which matters.
Hannahmay01
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Tj789)
English lit, History, Sociology and Psychology?

I already have RE as level (grade B)
Depends what you are doing!
CookieInOrange
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Tj789)
Do you think instead of Psychology I should do Biology then that way if I do flop at History or English or even Biology I have at least two respectable a levels when it comes to applying at uni?
Yes, and I think biology might actually be better than psychology in your case anyway, because you have very essay based subjects otherwise. If you like writing essays, that's fine, but it can be time consuming. At my school, we hardly got set any homework for bio, but you might want to check someone who did it at your school. Time is very precious at A Level!

Psychology (apparently) is harder than it's reputed to be, and although biology is probably still harder, I think it would be worth it if you put the effort in.

If you enjoy biology then I would take it. It is well respected and not too hard at all if you revise often. You also don't get set such long homework regularly...

I would do psychology rather than sociology, but I may be a little biased.

However (and sorry for the really long post), it does depend on what area you want to go into. Anything you want to do that psychology and sociology would be good for, biology and sociology would probably get you there, but you still need to be careful with what you drop. If you want to go into either English or history then (depending on the university), you might not want to drop either.
strawmatt1
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Yes they are good and will get you quite far as your not closing and doors for yourself. That being said, they are all EXTREAMLY time consuming.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (163)
14.53%
I'm not sure (51)
4.55%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (330)
29.41%
I have already dropped out (33)
2.94%
I'm not a current university student (545)
48.57%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed