Opportunity for psychology student in Bolton Watch

silver35
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
This is a fantastic opportunity to gain hands on experience in a home and school environment. You will be working voluntary with a child of 6 years old who has a diagnosis of autism.

Experience will be gained working alongside tutors at home and in school learning behavioural techniques to help the child become more independent. This involves breaking down skills to access the school curriculum, helping promote social interaction, teaching functional communication and building fine/ gross motor skills. Data collection to monitor and document progress will be an important focus of the program.

This training and experience based on behavioural principals, is not readily available in the North West and originates from the USA. It is a rare opportunity for a dedicated student who wishes to succeed in a career in psychology, SEN, Autism and education. Behavioural theory is also a solid foundation for any career that requires promoting behaviour change i.e. human resources, management.

There are only two schools in Bolton that have this sort of support therefore is an amazing opportunity for those who are not frightened of having fun along with hard work and dedication.

Your hours of work will be 2 days a week in school in Bolton from 8.45-2.30 and alternate Saturdays. The position is a voluntary role with a 12 month commitment and requires students with great play skills, a fun loving nature, patient, self motivation and dedication.
Training will be given throughout your 12 months by a behavioural consultant and behavioural supervisor. Travel expenses allowance will be paid. After training there will be an opportunity to stay on as part of our team in a paid tutor role.

Own transport and clean licence required and a CRB check is required to work with children.
Please message me if this is of interest to you.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (165)
18.48%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (91)
10.19%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (148)
16.57%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (130)
14.56%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (85)
9.52%
How can I be the best version of myself? (274)
30.68%

Watched Threads