coloured/not coloured/hard/soft
c'mon i need help here ppl!
Reply 2
hard
Reply 3
Tinykates
coloured/not coloured/hard/soft
c'mon i need help here ppl!

Trendy glasses would be an easier option.
Reply 4
TK
OP
theaman
i have some - they are not practical
Reply 5
Tinykates

how often do you need to wear em?
Reply 6
Tinykates

Why not?
Reply 7
theaman

I bent mine today! I'm not sure how, just took them off and they were all bent up. Fun bending them back though. :biggrin:
Reply 8
Hard cost at leats a hundred quid I think, but last longer. Soft last anything from a day to a year, but most are monthly. it's £19.99 a month, but I pay quarterly and get them delevered to my door with solution.

I have soft lenses, but I'm pretty sure it depends on how severe your eyes are. I think soft lenses don't correct extremely bad eyesight (my prescriptions are only -2.25 and -3).

Contact lenses don't correct astigmatism.

I don't know about coloured lenses, apart from the fact your pupils appear never to change, and you sometimes see a coloured ring in your line of vision.

Make sure you keep a pair of glasses handy at the right prescription; my optition advises me to wear my lenses no longer than 10-12 hours a day, no more than 5 days a week.

There you go. That's what I know.
Reply 9
TK
OP
TheWolf
how often do you need to wear em?
most of the time now - im gettin blinder and blinder
Reply 10
TK
OP
Hayley...
Hard cost at leats a hundred quid I think, but last longer. Soft last anything from a day to a year, but most are monthly. it's £19.99 a month, but I pay quarterly and get them delevered to my door with solution.

I have soft lenses, but I'm pretty sure it depends on how severe your eyes are. I think soft lenses don't correct extremely bad eyesight (my prescriptions are only -2.25 and -3).

Contact lenses don't correct astigmatism.

I don't know about coloured lenses, apart from the fact your pupils appear never to change, and you sometimes see a coloured ring in your line of vision.

Make sure you keep a pair of glasses handy at the right prescription; my optition advises me to wear my lenses no longer than 10-12 hours a day, no more than 5 days a week.

There you go. That's what I know.

wow thats great - thanks - ive got astigmatism, but theres loadsa other stuff wrong too. i wanna get soft ones then! :biggrin: i dunno wot my precription is - i should check
Reply 11
Tinykates

Then thats more of a reason for glasses.

Why wouldn't they be practical?
Reply 12
TK
OP
theaman
Then thats more of a reason for glasses.

Why wouldn't they be practical?
ive already got sum. last time i went to the optician she sed i couldnt have contacts coz i obviously didnt wear them m,uch coz i 4got to bring them - she is sum crazy bitch
Reply 13
Tinykates
ive already got sum. last time i went to the optician she sed i couldnt have contacts coz i obviously didnt wear them m,uch coz i 4got to bring them - she is sum crazy bitch

So, if you already have some, and you need to wear them all the time which you ca't to with contacts, why do you need to change?
Tinykates
wow thats great - thanks - ive got astigmatism, but theres loadsa other stuff wrong too. i wanna get soft ones then! :biggrin: i dunno wot my precription is - i should check

oh, I have an astigmatism and a lazy eye, both aren't corrected by lenses. But meh.

Specsavers are good for soft lenses, as I said, they deliver to your door, solutions too. Also, the eye test/consultation is free, you can pay by direct debit, you get 2 spare per year (if they get lost, etc: you just have to pop into the shop) and you get a huge discount on glasses. I'm getting new glasses that should be £85, but I'm only going to pay £20/£25 (I forget which)

No I don't work for Specsavers.. :smile:
Reply 15
TK
OP
theaman
So, if you already have some, and you need to wear them all the time which you ca't to with contacts, why do you need to change?
i dont need to wear them all the time.
Hayley is right - you shouldn't wear them for more than 10 hours a day.
Also, try to avoid washing your face or anything like that when you're wearing them because they're a breeding ground for bacteria - I'm not trying to scare you here, just stating a fact.
Go for it if you want but just be careful - never come home from a night out and be too tired to take them out or something!
theaman

they can totally change your look, y'know..

Also, While I cannot speak for anyone but myself, but having to push my glasses back up my nose every ten minutes is annoying and makes you look stupid.
Reply 18
TK
OP
hitchhiker_13
Hayley is right - you shouldn't wear them for more than 10 hours a day.
Also, try to avoid washing your face or anything like that when you're wearing them because they're a breeding ground for bacteria - I'm not trying to scare you here, just stating a fact.
Go for it if you want but just be careful - never come home from a night out and be too tired to take them out or something!
i would prob wear them 4 abourt 7 hours a day - i wanna get daily ones
Reply 19
Tinykates

You need to wear them most of the time - which seems to suggest contacts might be the better option.

Latest

Trending

Trending