Watch
This discussion is closed.
john !!
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Tinykates)
hey all, sorry to bang on about it, but i wore my contacts today for the first time - the optician told me to start with 2 hours, then do 4, then 6, then 8 etc, but they are £3 a pair, so i'm not gonna waste them. i wore them for 4 and a half hours today, but i had to take them out coz my eys were aching a bit. just wonder if this was normal? (sorry to be annoyin)
Warning - if you wake up in them because you forget to take them out the night before, wait about 20 minutes of blinking to make them moist again. I woke up and took mine out like 20 seconds after I woke up and apparently I have a damaged cornea now!

It should heal but it hurts a lot, the day after I was crying for about 6 hours non-stop. Just a warning, no one actually told me that! :eek:

Oh and yes your eyes feel tired after wearing them a lot for the first time.
Bhaal85
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by mik1a)
Warning - if you wake up in them because you forget to take them out the night before, wait about 20 minutes of blinking to make them moist again. I woke up and took mine out like 20 seconds after I woke up and apparently I have a damaged cornea now!

It should heal but it hurts a lot, the day after I was crying for about 6 hours non-stop. Just a warning, no one actually told me that! :eek:

Oh and yes your eyes feel tired after wearing them a lot for the first time.
Poor you, no eye spy games then.
john !!
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Bhaal85)
Poor you, no eye spy games then.
You should see what happened to my friend. He got shot accidentally in the eye with a bb gun, his cornea bent the wrong way and cut his iris so he was bleeding inside his eye... :eek:

Scary huh. Good thing the eye heals pretty fast though.
Bhaal85
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by mik1a)
You should see what happened to my friend. He got shot accidentally in the eye with a bb gun, his cornea bent the wrong way and cut his iris so he was bleeding inside his eye... :eek:

Scary huh. Good thing the eye heals pretty fast though.
Wow. I knew a girl who had the same thing happen to her, but unfortunately she lost her eye, and now has a glass eye as a replacement. Your friend was really lucky to still have an eye.
nabzp
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Specsavers are cheap for lenses, £12 for a pair of monthlies, which u can wear all day and it's okay if u forget to remove them at night (I've done it twice now), cos they're gas permeable, so ur eye can "breathe"

Has anyone seen the Johnson & Johnson ads for coloured DAILY contacts? Anyone have an idea how much they are?
kikzen
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Bhaal85)
Wow. I knew a girl who had the same thing happen to her, but unfortunately she lost her eye, and now has a glass eye as a replacement. Your friend was really lucky to still have an eye.
bloody hell. eye injuries really scare me.
'my eyesight means a lot to me'
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

If you do not get the A-level grades you want this summer, what is your likely next step?

Take autumn exams (77)
48.13%
Take exams next summer (28)
17.5%
Change uni choice through clearing (37)
23.13%
Apply to uni next year instead (14)
8.75%
I'm not applying to university (4)
2.5%

Watched Threads