Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hello there. Quite worried I am writing to ask for your opinion on whether good unis look with bad eyes on pupils that have attended a sixth form school for 3 years. The truth is that in my first year I studied AS French, AS IT, Cisco and GCSE Maths. The reason for which I studied GCSE maths in Y12 is that my head of sixth form didn't accept my Bulgarian certificate, so I had to sit the English one. In Y13 I have begun Accounting and Maths and carried on with French and IT. In the next Y13 I will start AS History and AS Economics and finish off Maths and Accounting. So at the end of the day I should have 5-A-levels: ICT Double award (AVCE, I should have mentioned), French, Maths, Accounting and AS: History and AS Economics. For my A-levels my predicted grades are all A's. I would be really grateful if you could tell me whether I am screwed for staying for 3 years in sixth form.

Cheers.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kiril)
    Hello there. Quite worried I am writing to ask for your opinion on whether good unis look with bad eyes on pupils that have attended a sixth form school for 3 years. The truth is that in my first year I studied AS French, AS IT, Cisco and GCSE Maths. The reason for which I studied GCSE maths in Y12 is that my head of sixth form didn't accept my Bulgarian certificate, so I had to sit the English one. In Y13 I have begun Accounting and Maths and carried on with French and IT. In the next Y13 I will start AS History and AS Economics and finish off Maths and Accounting. So at the end of the day I should have 5-A-levels: ICT Double award (AVCE, I should have mentioned), French, Maths, Accounting and AS: History and AS Economics. For my A-levels my predicted grades are all A's. I would be really grateful if you could tell me whether I am screwed for staying for 3 years in sixth form.

Cheers.
    Since you can account for it, you'll be fine, I would've thought.

ReputationRep:
    I don't really think it's too much of a problem generally, and I'm sure if you explain your circumstances it will be absolutely no problem.
    Good luck with everything.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hitchhiker_13)
    I don't really think it's too much of a problem generally, and I'm sure if you explain your circumstances it will be absolutely no problem.
    Good luck with everything.
    tbh i dont think they'll even notice it, i dont think they pay all that much attention to that part of the form when they've got another 1000 to get thru. however i wudnt worry as long as u (or ur referee) mentions it

ReputationRep:
    As the above people have said, it shouldn't be a problem. I almost stayed at sixth-form for three years, due to a big operation that would have disrupted my studies. The sixth-form staff didn't think it would be a problem. Make sure your referee mentions it.

Good luck sweetie!!

ReputationRep:
    I did 3 years in sixth form (because i hated my boarding school in england..) and i still got into all the uni's i applied to except for 1 so no worries! what matters is that you got your a-levels!! it doesn't matter how long it took you. some people don't start uni until they're 21 so it doesn't matter at all! good luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kiril)

i had 3 yrs at sixth form, ive acceted a conditional offer from st andrews!!! ya not screwed i explaind what happend on my ps clearly and made it sound good and hey i did alright!

Cheers.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 24, 2004
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.