AS Bio.Chem.Maths advice. I NEED ALL KIND OF HELP. Watch

Sondus Hayajneh
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Please anyone can link some revision guides? or tips or whatever helps
i am scared and school did not start yet.
i need all kind of help.
And if someone can explain how does it go that would be great!
MarvelAgent
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Hi Sondus

For Biology revision materials, I would suggest the exam board official textbook (this should be supplied by your sixth form/college), CGP revision guides (as it provide an concise summary of what you need to know)

Unfortunately contrary to chemistry Biology do not start where GCSE left off, but as long as you pay attention in class and make useful notes and read ahead of lessons, you should have no problems bridging the gaps between GCSE and AS... I can reassure you that you will be the only one fine bridging the gap between GCSE and AS Biology difficult and don't worry if it take you a while to adapt to the AS approach to question, as they are very different and the gap between them is significant.

In terms of chemistry materials, I would suggest again the exam board endorsed textbook, CGP revision guides and some internet resources [e.g. Chemguide or Khan Academy (Youtube)].... I would not worry too much about AS chemistry, because depends on what exam board you do ,first AS unit is usually an continuation from GCSE, but introducing more key terms and more A-level knowledge, it is suppose to bridge the gap between GCSE and AS.

I did not do maths for A-level, so I can't be much help to you, I will leave that to other TSR mathematicians.

Remember as long as you are prepared to keep on top of your work and have the right work ethnics and prepare to work hard, starting sixth form should not be something you worry about. ---Marvel
Sondus Hayajneh
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
I do edexcel.
But thank you very much for your info,it helped me very much!!
Barbarian King
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Sondus Hayajneh)
Please anyone can link some revision guides? or tips or whatever helps
i am scared and school did not start yet.
i need all kind of help.
And if someone can explain how does it go that would be great!
What did you get in your GCSEs?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Sheffield Hallam University
    Get into Teaching in South Yorkshire Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Feb '20
  • The University of Law
    Solicitor Series: Assessing Trainee Skills – LPC, GDL and MA Law - London Moorgate campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 26 Feb '20
  • University of East Anglia
    PGCE Open day Postgraduate
    Sat, 29 Feb '20

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (476)
66.39%
No (241)
33.61%

Watched Threads